ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advice needed for non EEA family member (sisterinlaw)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amal1970
Newly Registered

Urgent Advice needed for non EEA family member (sisterinlaw)

Post by amal1970 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Subject: Urgent Help and Advice needed for non EEA family member
Dear all,

My history.
- September 2005, entry to the UK as a fiancee of British citizen
- December 2005 moved to live with my sister in law who is EEA citizen resident in UK.
- February 2006 application for extention as victim of domestic violence.
- August 2008 application as Non EEA family member
- September 2008 Application as vectim of domestic violence refused in Court of Appeal.
- September 2009 Non EEA family member residence permit issued.

Explication of my case.

I came to this country as a fiance and have applied for extention of visa after that me and my fiance broke up. It is only after 3 years that I got the reply of Home Office which refused my case. I then applied as non EEA family member residence permit as a sister in law of EEA member exercising treaty rights in the UK.
One year later in September 2009 I was issued 5 years residence permit.
Now in December 2010 I will have finished 5 years living with my sister in law and being her dependents. I have all the documents proving that I have been her dependend for that period of 5 years.
MY question is, would that be enough for me to get the Permanent Residence or do I have to wait until my 5 years residence permit finishes in another 4 years time.
I also want to get married abroad and someone told me that this would affect my residence if I try to bring my husband as in that case I am no longer a dependent of my sister in law, the EEA national. but would be then be a dependent person as I have my own family which is my future husband.
I am now 40 years and seriously I can not wait for another 4 years to get married.
Thank you so much for your advise.
Amal

amal1970
Newly Registered

Can I apply for PR in December 2010?

Post by amal1970 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Dear all,

My history.
- September 2005, entry to the UK as a fiancee of British citizen
- December 2005 moved to live with my sister in law who is EEA citizen resident in UK.
- February 2006 application for extention as victim of domestic violence.
- August 2008 application as Non EEA family member
- September 2008 Application as vectim of domestic violence refused in Court of Appeal.
- September 2009 Non EEA family member residence permit issued.

Explication of my case.

I came to this country as a fiance and have applied for extention of visa after that me and my fiance broke up. It is only after 3 years that I got the reply of Home Office which refused my case. I then applied as non EEA family member residence permit as a sister in law of EEA member exercising treaty rights in the UK.
One year later in September 2009 I was issued 5 years residence permit.
Now in December 2010 I will have finished 5 years living with my sister in law and being her dependents. I have all the documents proving that I have been her dependend for that period of 5 years.
MY question is, would that be enough for me to get the Permanent Residence or do I have to wait until my 5 years residence permit finishes in another 4 years time.
I also want to get married abroad and someone told me that this would affect my residence if I try to bring my husband as in that case I am no longer a dependent of my sister in law, the EEA national. but would be then be a dependent person as I have my own family which is my future husband.
I am now 40 years and seriously I can not wait for another 4 years to get married.
Thank you so much for your advise.
Amal[/quote]