ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension delay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daya2004
Newly Registered

HSMP extension delay

Post by daya2004 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:23 pm

I have applied for HSMP extension on 25th March 04 and still waiting for the decision from HSMP. But I got HSMP letter end of April asking for more details and I have sent requested details on 15th May to HSMP. But I am still waiting for their reply.

Today I called them and the reply I have received was Case worker requested some clarification from Policy Department. What is this means? Anybody can help me.

I came to UK on July 2000 on depedent visa, converted to HSMP on May 2003. Had job till Nov 2003, resigned and started own business in Nov 2003.

User

Post by User » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:10 pm

Hi - from my own experience, any review of additional information can take anywhere between 5-7 weeks.

So don't worry about that.

But ensure all your replies for addnl. info are backed up by appropriate experts like accountants,auditors, customers etc.

Is your own business within your specified profession? If so, then there should not be any reference to policy departments. But you never know.
It might be their policy to refer to their policy dept. :-)

regards.

fadibatti
Newly Registered

HSMP EXTENSION

Post by fadibatti » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:00 am

Hi all -

I have also applied for an extension on 11th of May. I have checked that the fee has been deducted from the account on 18th of May. However I have not received any response other than the printed acknowledgement receipt mentioning that a case worker will be assigned to the case.

I am self employed and running a small consulting company. This is a registered company with limited liabilities (in simple words, a limited company) with bank account. For extension purposes, I have submitted the following:

1. Cover letter
2. Company's Registration document
3. Directorship document
4. Business Plan
5. Cash Flow statement
6. Some advertisement material & copies of website pages
7. Company's bank account (sufficient funds available)
8. Personal Bank details (showing ample funds)
9. other required documents for family and children

For the last 4 months only, I have been drawing salary regularly from the company. For which I have started depositing a cheque in my personal bank account amounting to the tune of what has been mentioned and fixed for the director in the business plan of the company. Before that (going back until June 2003) I have been randomly taking out monies from the company account for personal use. The amount Never exceeded the salary amount.
I have read the experience of senior member “User”. I would request the member to please advise if the above documents are considered sufficient evidence or I should be prepared to provide more. And in case asked to provide more, then what could these be???
Thanks

Fadibatti

pixi

Post by pixi » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:25 am

Please do keep us posted on both your applications. I submitted my extension application last week and am really hoping to go for a week's travel in July.

fadibatti
Newly Registered

HSMP EXTENSION DELAYS

Post by fadibatti » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:21 pm

Sure. I will keep you guys posted.

Fadibatti

has2004
Newly Registered

Post by has2004 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:56 pm

Hi fadibatti ,
what document have u provided to HSMP team to prove ur directorship status of limited compnay ?

fadibatti
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension Delay

Post by fadibatti » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:49 pm

hassanaltaf wrote:Hi fadibatti ,
what document have u provided to HSMP team to prove ur directorship status of limited compnay ?
Hello Hassanaltaf -

I submitted the form 288a and the Companies House Notification mentioning the names of all the directors of the company. This Notification is normally sent out to the companie's secretary at the end of fiscal year. If you have not received this notification, you can request that from Companies House.

The other document that I provided is a print out from www.companieshouse.gov.uk website. You need to log on to the web site and subscribe to premier services. There is normally a fee of £7.50. This login provides you with all the information about your company by simply entering the registeration number.

Let me know if this helps.

Fadibatti

daya2004
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension Delay

Post by daya2004 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:14 pm

As on date I am still waiting for HSMP extension. The reason still the same-Waiting for Policy decision

HSMP extension is not so easy. I have made enough economical activity in 1 year and waiting for my extension from last 10 weeks. So much of uncertainities. My all Business visits are cancelled or postponed due to unavailaibility of the Passport. In addition I dont know what will be the decision.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:28 pm

Daya2004,

This is really bizzare - why are they contacting thjeir policy dept

extensions are meant to be straight forward (i.e Economic activity in designated profession, sufficient funds and etc)...I dont understand why policy dept is being contacted

Pixi,

Any progress on your renewal - it is nearly three weeks now!
Where there is a will there is a way.

daya2004
Newly Registered

Post by daya2004 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:10 pm

My economic activity as follows;

- Entered UK in 2000 as a dependent
- HSMP approved in May 2003
- Continued working till Nov 2003- with earning from April-Nov 03 -£40K
- Started business with 2 partners in same line
- Appointed CA, Opened Bank Account and received few contracts
- Not taken any salary (this is due to nature of business) and stated that in everything will be decided year end comapny account (Nov 2004)
- decided to start job again on contract basis from April 04 and involvement in business on part time/share holder basis.
- Produced all the required original documents.

I still don't understand what else economic activity required by HSMP.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:38 pm

- Not taken any salary (this is due to nature of business) and stated that in everything will be decided year end comapny account (Nov 2004)
- decided to start job again on contract basis from April 04 and involvement in business on part time/share holder basis.
Daya,

just a few issues to check

a) You are not paying yourself a Salary due to nature of business - that means you have no Income!, how are you surviving?? :roll:

b) You transfered from depedant to HSMP - presumably your spouse is now on HSMP depedant Visa??

c) Isyour spouse on workpermit or student visa

d) for your HSMP extension - presumably you applied with your spouse (the spouse now being your depedant)..however, you are not drawing any salary :roll:

e) Did you supply your company and personal accounts showing sufficient funds

f) Are the other directors also 'foreigners' - i.e with Limited leave to remain or are they BC/ILR holders

In view of HO's attitudes, this business of not having/drawing a salary is like throwing a red rag to a Bull
Where there is a will there is a way.

daya2004
Newly Registered

Post by daya2004 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:31 pm

Thank for the questions;
a) You are not paying yourself a Salary due to nature of business - that means you have no Income!, how are you surviving??

Ans: The business started in Nov 2003, business needs to make money before we director to pay ourselves. In our business first we have to bid, get job, execute jobs and get payment, most of our contract deliverables in June/July 2004. Obviousely our is not road side shop to earn money from day one. I can survive with my savings.

b) You transfered from depedant to HSMP - presumably your spouse is now on HSMP depedant Visa??

Ans: yes

c) Isyour spouse on workpermit or student visa

Ans: Dependent

d) for your HSMP extension - presumably you applied with your spouse (the spouse now being your depedant)..however, you are not drawing any salary

Ans: Yes, I have not any salary from Nov till April, but started earning afterwards

e) Did you supply your company and personal accounts showing sufficient funds

Ans: Showed Bank account and it has got some working capital.

f) Are the other directors also 'foreigners' - i.e with Limited leave to remain or are they BC/ILR holders

Ans: One director on HSMP and other is from Western Europe

daya2004
Newly Registered

Post by daya2004 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:33 pm

Just clarify one more thing, my spouse earned enough and I have sent those details as well.

daya2004
Newly Registered

Post by daya2004 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:38 am

Finally I got my HSMP 3 years extension approval after 13 weeks of wait.