ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is there anyone who can help me

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happyfamily
Newly Registered

is there anyone who can help me

Post by happyfamily » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:18 pm

greetings

i am in uk since 2003 and i am from Non_EU country and i got married with french girl last month. i need help: how can i apply for my family permit?.

i still have student visa untill Sep2006.but i left uk on 9 Jan 2006 to marry with my wife in france now i am married and i applied for resident card in france.

i want to come back to uk but my french visa expired on 22 Jan2006.i need to know if i come back to uk and apply for my family permit in uk. is there any problem to extend my visa in uk or to get family permit?

thank you for kind help in advance :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:58 pm

You have a student visa, but are you still a student in the UK?
John

happyfamily
Newly Registered

Post by happyfamily » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:19 pm

yes i am still student in uk but at the moment i am in francewith my wife she lived in uk but we both came to france to get marry in town hall in front of her family. and i gave application to my school for holiday and they granted me holidays. i want to go back for my final term soon as possibal.

i need to know if i go back to uk and after my studies when i apply for family permit then HO grant me family permit or NOT.

many thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:34 pm

Other opinions welcome but I think you can re-enter the UK as a student to resume your studies.

Having done so I think your wife should make application on form EEA1 (assuming she does not already have a Residence Permit in her French passport), and you should apply on form EEA2 as her family member.

Totally possible I am overlooking something here so if anyone thinks I have overlooked something, don't hesitate to post.
John

happyfamily
Newly Registered

Post by happyfamily » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:11 am

thank you john for all your helpfull advices
may God bless you
how long does it take to have ILR on my wife passport, she's been in uk since 2004.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:35 am

how long does it take to have ILR on my wife passport, she's been in uk since 2004
A couple of days ago I would have said ... 4 years. However yesterday the Government announced that for quite a few categories the "4 years" would become "5 years". And that includes EU Citizens.

So if your wife came to the UK in 2004 she will need to wait until the 5th anniversary in 2009 before applying for her Permanent Residence sticker. Therefore she cannot possibly apply for British Citizenship until a year late ... sometime in 2010.
John

happyfamily
Newly Registered

Post by happyfamily » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:08 am

thank john
my wife apply for EEA1.what is the time duration mean how long it last?
and when she should apply for EEA3.
when my wife apply for EEA3 i also have to apply for EEA4 ?
if our kids born in UK in that five years time. we have to register them as British or French?
do we need to apply for our kids EEA3 as well?
which documents we need to apply for EEA1 and EEA2?