ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW is expiring on 10th July.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaa
Newly Registered

PSW is expiring on 10th July.

Post by shaa » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:35 am

Hi all,
I need some advice.
My PSW visa is expiring on 10th of July. I have prepared my documents to switch to TIER1 General. However, recently I had an interview at Canadian High Commission that was successful. The problem is Canadian High Commission will take up to four months to process the case after medicals and stamping process. + If I invest the money to get TIER1 General it would not be worth for me if I decide to move to Canada. Is there anyway if I could stay in the UK for another four months? + These days it is quite expensive to switch to student visa as well.
+ Can someone advise me, to settle down in Canada is better or in UK?
Me so confused and stucked at the moment.

Helpful advices will be much appreciated.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:44 am

Its for you to decide, I applied for canadian immigration in 2007 and I am still waiting though I have heard that timelines are improving, Its down to you if you d want to stay in UK or go to Canada.

From my personal expernice I have been to Canada quite a few times it is excellent place if you wish to sponsor your parents or other siblings in near future as it is easier as compared to UK.

Coming back to your question, I have been in UK for last 7 years and I find it more like a second home thought of moving to Canada scares me as I have to do everything from the scratch.

Unfortunately there is no other options for you to extend your visa apart from switching into either of categories (Student / Tier 1 G, Tier 2 etc).

I would consider investing in Tier 1 G reason being, I have been here for long enough to know how things work again its down to you what are your priorties.

Good Luck

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am

alimohmand wrote:Its for you to decide, I applied for canadian immigration in 2007 and I am still waiting though I have heard that timelines are improving, Its down to you if you d want to stay in UK or go to Canada.

From my personal expernice I have been to Canada quite a few times it is excellent place if you wish to sponsor your parents or other siblings in near future as it is easier as compared to UK.

Coming back to your question, I have been in UK for last 7 years and I find it more like a second home thought of moving to Canada scares me as I have to do everything from the scratch.

Unfortunately there is no other options for you to extend your visa apart from switching into either of categories (Student / Tier 1 G, Tier 2 etc).

I would consider investing in Tier 1 G reason being, I have been here for long enough to know how things work again its down to you what are your priorties.

Good Luck
Couldn't agree more with you.
The thought of starting from scratch scares the sh*t out of me having spent 5years in the UK and know how to get things done.

It's the UK for me until I decide to go home.

SHAA, I'd advise that you apply for the Tier 1 visa to buy yourself some time. It will also give you more options especially if you don't like Canada you can always come back.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart