ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Guidance on application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hari15
Member of Standing

Need Guidance on application

Post by hari15 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi All,
Need guidance from forum members

I am about to apply for naturalisation in next 3 months (5 years WP&HSMP + 1 Year ILR)- Category

My Detail- Non EU national - Came to UK on Aug 2004 , ILR on Aug 2009- Naturalisation application will be made on Aug 2010

My wife Detail - Non EU national -Married and came to UK as HSMP dependant on May 2008- got ILR on Aug 2009 as dependant of me (But she was outside UK for 9 months from Nov 2008 to July 2009 for baby delivery)

My Child detail - 1 year old. Non EU national - Born outside UK , Came to UK on July 2009 as HSMP dependant, Got ILR on Aug 2009 as dependant of me

Now my main query is
Can I apply for my baby along with me for British citizenship? if yes what form do I need to use

I know that my wife may not qualify now to apply for British citizenship, Can I know when she can apply at the earliest?

please help

Thanks

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 am

If anybody can help me in this I will be so grateful

Particularly I am not finding any information on registering a child (which hold ILR) as British Citizen when both of their parents are ILR holder and baby born outside UK (I saw only information on how to register a child born in UK as british citizen when parents are ILR holder)

krimith

Re: Need Guidance on application

Post by krimith » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 am

hari15 wrote:Hi All,
Need guidance from forum members

I am about to apply for naturalisation in next 3 months (5 years WP&HSMP + 1 Year ILR)- Category

My Detail- Non EU national - Came to UK on Aug 2004 , ILR on Aug 2009- Naturalisation application will be made on Aug 2010

My wife Detail - Non EU national -Married and came to UK as HSMP dependant on May 2008- got ILR on Aug 2009 as dependant of me (But she was outside UK for 9 months from Nov 2008 to July 2009 for baby delivery)

My Child detail - 1 year old. Non EU national - Born outside UK , Came to UK on July 2009 as HSMP dependant, Got ILR on Aug 2009 as dependant of me

Now my main query is
Can I apply for my baby along with me for British citizenship? if yes what form do I need to use

I know that my wife may not qualify now to apply for British citizenship, Can I know when she can apply at the earliest?

please help

Thanks
Yes you can apply with you your son BC if his passport ilr stamp and you have to use MN1 FORM and when you became British citizen then she can apply it but she have to finish 3yrs from first entry in uk so that means aug 2011, you are eiligible in aug 2010

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:13 am

Many Thanks Krimith,
Your guidance is very useful to me. Thanks for your time in explaining this to me.

just one doubt. Do both me & my child need to use single application Form? (MN1?) or Do we need to use different application Forms? (AN & MN1? )

if we use different forms will they process them combinely or seperatly?

krimith

Post by krimith » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:00 pm

hari15 wrote:Many Thanks Krimith,
Your guidance is very useful to me. Thanks for your time in explaining this to me.

just one doubt. Do both me & my child need to use single application Form? (MN1?) or Do we need to use different application Forms? (AN & MN1? )

if we use different forms will they process them combinely or seperatly?
No you have to use diffrent form your one AN and your child MN1 if you sending any way it would consider together and may be child and your app straight forward so within 4 or 5 week take time,And yes diffrent fees as well, try to submit your application NCS threw