ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative review notice- Tier 1 - English language

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smilewithhari
Newly Registered

Administrative review notice- Tier 1 - English language

Post by smilewithhari » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:50 am

Hi Guys,

Here is summery on how I am going to apply for Administrative review notice. Please check and correct me if every thing is OK.

Tier 1 (General) - English language

ECO Comment:
‘The documents you have provided do not support your claim of 10 points under Appendix B of the immigration rules. Specifically, you have claimed 10 points for your degree being taught in English. However, after careful consideration of the certificate and the statement of marks, I can find no confirmation that your degree was taught in English. You have not, therefore, scored 10 points under Appendix B and I refuse your application under paragraph 245C(c) of the immigration rules. ’

My Comments:

1) According to UKBA website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... hlanguage/

Begin of Quote
{Proof your degree was taught in English
If you have been awarded a qualification

If you have been awarded a qualification, you must send the original certificate of award.
The original certificate of award must be on the institution's official paper clearly showing:
Your name;
The title of the award;
The date of the award; and
The name of the awarding institution.
} End of quote

2) My documentary evidence clearly shows above details
 The title of the award: Degree of Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering
 The date of the award: April 2003
 The name of the awarding institution: University of Madras, Tamil Nadu, India.

3) My Degree is deemed by UK NARIC to be equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree and UKBA Points based calculator confirms this and awarded me 10 points.
4) According to PBSAPPENDIX1 application form question 6.6 if I answer this question as ‘The points-based calculator shows the degree was taught in English’ it clearly says ‘Go to Question 6.9’ instead of 6.7 (question 6.7 requires an explicit statement from university that degree is taught in English. This is because for 6.7 the points-based calculator or UK NARIC confirms the qualification is equivalent to a United Kingdom degree but does not confirm the qualification was taught in English).
5) I do not see a reason, why my bachelors degree certificate should explicitly specify ‘my degree was taught in English’ when I meet above guidelines and PBS confirms same.
6) I also took an opinion from World Bridge Service on same with case number: 00342752 and they confirmed same. Please find their comments below.
Begin of Quote
{If the point based calculator awards 10 points for English Language skills there is no need for additional verification from UK NARIC regarding the degree.
} End of quote
7) For your reference I have also attached SELF ASSESSMENT SUMMARY (PBS) available in UKBA website. This confirms10 points for English language.

So please re consider my request and award me 10 points.

Rgds,
Harish

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:26 am

Points raised are valid but change the tone of the letter. Be a little more polite.