ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ezh

Post by ezh » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:47 am

Congratulations, angelbaby!

You were right in using the NCS service and it looks Barnet is really quick despite the backlog (which I believe is not affecting those who use the NCS). My straightforward case took 17 weeks because I applied by post.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:07 pm

I just had a thought re my naturalisation application -

When I bought my house in rural Galloway I had to put a postal redirect to my girlfriends' house in the city because I have such unreliable postal delivery (no house number and street name doesnt help any).

However I did put MY actual address on the application form.

Have any of you noticed whether Home Office correspondence says 'do not redirect' or somesuch on the envelopes? I hope not, or I'm gonna have to get in touch with them and explain...

TintinHerge

My Journey Starts Now

Post by TintinHerge » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:18 pm

I just came back after applying to the Camden NCS. It all took less than 15 minutes and I must say that the staff were VERY helpful and polite and it was indeed Service with a Smile. Something which all Local Goverment should be like.

Anxious few weeks/months lie ahead for me.

NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre :CAMDEN
Date of submission or posting :09. 03. 2006
Criteria: 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 13.03.2006
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 16.03.2006

Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of appln. for passport :
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

Other Details:
Documents Taken For NCS : Passport,Application Form,Life in the UK Test Certificate,Payment for Home Office - £268, Payment for NCS Services - £35
Details of Acknowledgment : Did NOT contain any CT number or information abt any Character Check
Last edited by TintinHerge on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:35 pm

yippie i finaly got the flashy red booklet, here is my timeline

Details such as the following could be provided:
If NCS, which centre :BRENT
Date of submission or posting :1. 11. 2005
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) :5 yr stay
Date of debit of debit/credit card :14. 11. 2005
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :04. 12. 2005
Date of receipt of approval: 02. 02. 2006 (letter dated 26. 01. 06)
Date of Ceremony: 22.02.2006
Date of appln. for passport 25.02.2006
Method used check and send
Date of Receipt 07.03.2006

i am not sure if one shoudl actually request aspecial delivery for the passport, it is a pain, because you have to be home to receive your passport, of course upon receiving the receipt that you were not present, you can get it redirected to your office.

the reason for my going for the courier special delivery is that i wanted my indian passport and the naturalisation certificate to be returned special delivery, it was sent regular delivery which beat the purpose.

anyways have the shiney red passport, and am going to apply for oic in the next couple of weeks.

ezh

Post by ezh » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:13 pm

Lots of congratulations, rogerroger! - don't loose it, keep it in a safe place :wink:

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:29 pm

thanks

do i really need to take care ultra care of the shiny red booklet

i thought the loss of the passport would just mean a call to the police station and a new application at the post office?

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:55 pm

i am not sure if one shoudl actually request aspecial delivery for the passport, it is a pain, because you have to be home to receive your passport, of course upon receiving the receipt that you were not present, you can get it redirected to your office.
UK Passports are always delivered by secure delivery. You don't have a choice in this.

The secure delivery option you choose on the passport form is for your supporting documents like naturalisation certificate and old passport.

basis

Post by basis » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:48 am

rogerroger wrote:thanks

do i really need to take care ultra care of the shiny red booklet

i thought the loss of the passport would just mean a call to the police station and a new application at the post office?
Not really required to take care of it.

Just throw it here and there.....may be someone else can travel using it thro the globe.....anyway it costs some 50-60 bucks to get a new one - more shining.......

And very easy to get your PIO / OCI transferred to the new one....

HAPPY HOLI .......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:06 am

My wife applied to IND via NCS recently and she got an acknowlegement within a week...though the letter had no CT number... or any name etc... just a 'Thanks' at the bottom.

They mentioned
number of 'supporting documents'; 'photocopied documents' along with the required fee and application form has been received.
It had none of the text that most of the people have reported here...

Anybody else received similar letter?...

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:32 am

Hi mhunjn. Your wife's acknowlegement letter sounds the same as the one I got last week, so I guess thats normal.

From what I've read elsewhere in this forum the 'CT' references apply to any further letters they may or may not write to you between now and the approval letter.

Cheers

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:37 am

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering because I didn't get similar letter... the ack letter I got was the one with CT number etc... Also mentioned my name, date of birth and place of birth that would be put on the certificate.

This one on the other hand has just one page with none of the above details...

Anyway, as others have had these letters... should be ok then.

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:41 pm

Do excuse my ignorance , but what is CT Number ?? Citizenship Tracking Number ??

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:48 pm

Tintin - No more ignorant than the rest of us. I dont think anyone else here knows what the 'CT' references mean. Do a forum search for 'CT1' to see a few guesses..

The waiting preys on peoples' minds and they start looking for the tiniest clues to try and unravel what could be going on with their application!

And I have absolutely no doubt I'll get like that myself if mine goes from weeks to months :-/

skmd
Newly Registered

Post by skmd » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:02 am

CT1 means Caseworker Team 1 and so on.

This is when your application is out of the waiting queue/pile and has been assigned a Case worker within 'a team'.

For straight forward applications it usually takes 7-10 working days for a case workder to reach a decision and issue a letter unless there are pending inquiries such as character check.

ezh

Post by ezh » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:01 am

[quote] [i]For straight forward applications it usually takes 7-10 working days for a case workder to reach a decision and issue a letter unless there are pending inquiries such as character check[/i].[/quote]

Well, even straightforward applications with easy charackter checks could take months after the letter... if you have applied by post (not using the NCS). I was assigned to CT2 and it took 10 weeks before I got my approval letter.

The NCS applicants usually do not get such character check letters, although some small number of them do.
Last edited by ezh on Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:21 am

But if IND says that NCS and Postal services are the same , why are Character checks done more often in Postal cases than in NCS ?

Also, does anyone know what all do they check while doing a Character check ?

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:06 am

I'm sure the character checks are totally unrelated to whether one uses NCS or not. NCS speeds up the process by making sure applications are correctly submitted, but thats all they do.

I have no idea what the character checks involve, but a few things are pretty certain - the police are asked if they have any reports on the applicant, court records are checked for convictions and tax records checked with Inland Revenue. They can probably access all this themselves on the computer.

I dont know what checks are made with police/courts in their 'home' country but it would make sense to, where possible. Some countries dont have easily accessible systems though.

Anyway, thats my guess - probably as good as any.

Fibunnaci
Newly Registered

Post by Fibunnaci » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:06 pm

tekaweni wrote:I'm sure the character checks are totally unrelated to whether one uses NCS or not. NCS speeds up the process by making sure applications are correctly submitted, but thats all they do.

I have no idea what the character checks involve, but a few things are pretty certain - the police are asked if they have any reports on the applicant, court records are checked for convictions and tax records checked with Inland Revenue. They can probably access all this themselves on the computer.

I dont know what checks are made with police/courts in their 'home' country but it would make sense to, where possible. Some countries dont have easily accessible systems though.

Anyway, thats my guess - probably as good as any.
Hi tekaweni,

I agree with you with the fact that NCS checks your applications and also I presume character checks are done in all cases since nowadays they have a centralised database system that can query the checks, be it with police, court or local authorities.These process could be quicker than they used to take.

I suspect the delays could be just between an assignment to a case worker and also work load with the specific case worker who is dealing with applications.

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:18 pm

Tekaweni and Fibunnuci , your theory that both NCS and Postal applicants have a similar chance of undergoing a character check does not seem to be supported by what people have said on this board. From statistics, it looks like people who apply via NCS have a far less chance of a long character check than ones who go via the Postal route.

One thing that might explain this is that maybe people who have a straightfwd record and history apply through NCS(and so less long checks)

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:33 pm

I know, Tintin, but it doesnt seem logical to single out postal applications for character checks and wave the NCS ones through.

Or as Fibunnaci suggests, with a centralised database nowadays maybe ALL applications are checked and not just some at random (therefore no point notifying each applicant of the fact). Has anyone here had notification of a character check recently?

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Details provided:
If NCS, which centre :SOUTHWARK
Date of submission or posting :09. 03. 2006
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) :5 yr stay
Date of debit of debit/credit card :14. 03. 2006
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :16. 03. 2006
Date of receipt of approval: waiting to hear
Date of Ceremony: waiting to hear
Date of appln. for passport
Method used
Date of Receipt

Letter stating receipt of payment and saying just Thank you, none CT*

Will keep the forum up to date
Last edited by Leo_Swan on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:00 pm

Good to see some consistency with mine and Leo_Swan's application. We both applied through NCS on the 9th and both got our acknowledgments today. Will be interesting to see how things go moving forward. Good Luck,mate

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:02 pm

TintinHerge,

Race is on... :D

I am South African, do you mind telling what your origins are?

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:06 pm

Sure - I am Indian and the race is definitely on.

I can almost imagine it as India Vs South Africa Test Match. I wudnt fancy facing SA in a one-day match, given the current thrashing they gave the Aussies.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:34 pm

my friend applied for naturalisation through a postal application some time in september, he got his aceptance some time this month.

i know the details are sketchy, but it adds to the cases in this thread