ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the embassy let you know when they recieve application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cm87
Newly Registered

Does the embassy let you know when they recieve application?

Post by cm87 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 pm

My husband has applied for the spouse visa, he is in the USA and it was sent to the consulate in LA. After he sent it he realised he had dropped it in a mailbox that said 'nothing over 13 kg'. He is pretty sure it was over 13 kg.

So we figured it would be returned to him, but he has not recieved it back and he has heard nothing from the consulate. We have tried contacting them but to no avail, we are put straight onto an automated line.

Can anyone help?

haze
Newly Registered

Post by haze » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Does he have a copy of his online application form. If yes then there should be a tracking number on it which enables him to check on progress of his application on the UKBA website.

cm87
Newly Registered

Post by cm87 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks for your reply, do you have a link?
I looked on the UKBA website and couldn't find anywhere to track the application.
Unfortunately he didn't send it through a courier and so we cannot even track the package itself that way.

haze
Newly Registered

Post by haze » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Here is the link that I used from my country

https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/ ... ation.aspx

This is a WorldBridgeService link as they collect visa aplications for UKBA in my country, so I am not sure it will work for US
Last edited by haze on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cm87
Newly Registered

Post by cm87 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 pm

That link just takes me straight to the welcome page for worldbridge with the drop-down box for your country. The US site doesn't seem to have a tracker on it anywhere.

haze
Newly Registered

Post by haze » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:35 pm

I ve just looked at WBS site for US and there is no option to track the application online from there. I am sorry , i cannot help you any further, maybe the best thing is to write an e-mail to them and enquire about it.

haze
Newly Registered

Post by haze » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Or you may try to open the WBS site frist and choose US as country first and than try to open the link which I posted. I did that and it opened the page for tracking for US.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

If you had a return address on it and it has not come back to you, then you can assume it went to its destination.Has the fee etc being deducted?

13kg of documents is a lot of documents to send as part of an application.What docs did you send that weighed that much????.

Ring or write to the post where you applied. I am sure they will inform you whether the application has been recieved or not

nellis83
Newly Registered

Post by nellis83 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:47 pm

13kg is equivalent to approximately 2500 sheets of A4 paper.

Unless you submitted some large rocks are part of your application, I really wouldn't worry.