ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different Addresses

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolguycp1

Different Addresses

Post by coolguycp1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

My passport was issued 9 years ago and it has an old address. I have moved to a new address last year but did not get the address changed in the passport as I was to get it renewed anyway next year.

I am applying for Tier1 next week. I will be writing my new address in the application form. Also, my bank statements and marriage certificate refer to the new address

Will this confuse the EC officers when they cross-check with address in the passport?

Can you please advise urgently? What explanation should I give?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Different Addresses

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:54 pm

You will be fine with old address on your passport. Once you get Tier-1, you can change address on your passport.
coolguycp1 wrote:My passport was issued 9 years ago and it has an old address. I have moved to a new address last year but did not get the address changed in the passport as I was to get it renewed anyway next year.

I am applying for Tier1 next week. I will be writing my new address in the application form. Also, my bank statements and marriage certificate refer to the new address

Will this confuse the EC officers when they cross-check with address in the passport?

Can you please advise urgently? What explanation should I give?