ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: Working for old company 2 months while having new WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smkamran
Newly Registered

ILR: Working for old company 2 months while having new WP

Post by smkamran » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:32 pm

I had 2 year work permit with one employer (Aug 05 to June 07). Before the end of that WP obviously I started looking for other jobs and found one and the new company acquired work permit for me in April 07.

I was quick to get FLR (April 07) just to be on safe side as I had few months left and I wanted to be sure. Now at that time I had to continue working for my old employer until June 07 as per my contract terms.

I have heard that with new FLR or Work permit the old one is automatically cancelled. So in that case the 2 months I was with old company was considered as gap?

I am applying now as Tier-1, I guess they will only see P60 rather than going through fine grain detail of where the pay check for each month was coming last five year. I am sure a lot of people who switch work permits have a month or two extra or less with new or old employer because it is quite hard to be spot on with dates.

Any suggestion guys .... any advice appreciated

Kind Regards

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: ILR: Working for old company 2 months while having new W

Post by senthil78 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:58 pm

smkamran wrote:I had 2 year work permit with one employer (Aug 05 to June 07). Before the end of that WP obviously I started looking for other jobs and found one and the new company acquired work permit for me in April 07.

I was quick to get FLR (April 07) just to be on safe side as I had few months left and I wanted to be sure. Now at that time I had to continue working for my old employer until June 07 as per my contract terms.

I have heard that with new FLR or Work permit the old one is automatically cancelled. So in that case the 2 months I was with old company was considered as gap?

I am applying now as Tier-1, I guess they will only see P60 rather than going through fine grain detail of where the pay check for each month was coming last five year. I am sure a lot of people who switch work permits have a month or two extra or less with new or old employer because it is quite hard to be spot on with dates.

Any suggestion guys .... any advice appreciated

Kind Regards
You should not work for old employer after your FLR for new WP. It is against the immigration rule. However, i don't think that the case will pick this up as it was only 2 months. Yes, it happens while changing job. I too worked only for a week. Apply with confident and hope for a favourable outcome.