ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse's English Test Pass criteria

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nilan
Newly Registered

Spouse's English Test Pass criteria

Post by nilan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi,

Today it seems UK Govt has declared that spouse need to pass English Test before joining partner in UK or marrying UK Citizen. Does this hold true for a dependent visa application for Tier 1 PSW? My wife will apply for PSW dependent visa from home country.

Thanks!

askhan
United Kingdom

dear I need your help

Post by askhan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:55 pm

dear i need your help, my wife is also trying to apply psw visa could you guide me through the documents and form.

please

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:16 am

yes, all dependants would have to take the english language test..

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 pm

potterbond007 wrote:yes, all dependants would have to take the english language test..
1. U might wana check your answer as the language requirements only applies to settled migrants (ILR HOLDERS OR BRITISH CITIZENS) and not the temporary residents.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 am

ash786 wrote:
potterbond007 wrote:yes, all dependants would have to take the english language test..
1. U might wana check your answer as the language requirements only applies to settled migrants (ILR HOLDERS OR BRITISH CITIZENS) and not the temporary residents.
I am sorry but I am mistaken in this instance.. I was informed otherwise from a source. It looks like only the spouses of ILR holders and british citizens would need to take the test..