ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Exceeded Waiting Time and Visa Fee Not Deducted Yet

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

SET(M) Exceeded Waiting Time and Visa Fee Not Deducted Yet

Post by wasimbari611 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:16 am

My Application type is SET(M)

My Visa Expiry Date was: 31/01/2010
I sent my Application on 26/01/2010
They received my application on 28/01/2010
Got Ack Letter dated 29/01/2010
the waiting time has been as of now: 19 weeks
No Fee has been taken out of my a/c yet;

I'm still waiting for the decision, The thing is no Visa fee has been taken out of my account yet and its been almost 19 weeks and I'm still waiting for my decision. Whenever I call them they say 95% application are solved within 6 months but when I applied for the visa the waiting time was 12-16 weeks.But my biggest point of concern is why they have not taken the payment out of my account yet and why they are taking ages.

Any advice or help will be much appreciated.

oldno7
Newly Registered

Post by oldno7 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 am

Hi, If I was you I would make some strong enquiries with the Home Office. As far as I know, you CAN make enquiries about your application if it is 14 weeks or more since you put it through. This is what the Home Office says on their phones.

I am no expert, I recently managed to get ILR for my wife and posted about it:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58196

We did our application by Premium Service and through a solicitor. We got ILR ten weeks later.
With our application we were twice told that they could not process it because of entry date and spouse visa expiry date. Because our solicitor was dealing with it, They told us straight away.

Was your application made by post or premium service? and do you have a solicitor?

My friends thought I was foolish to pay so much for a solicitor. But considering the headache dealing with Home Office. I'm glad I did and would recommend everyone to do that.

Good Luck anyway

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

Post by wasimbari611 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:22 pm

@oldno7
I sent my application through post.Whenever I call them they don't say about 14 weeks any more they say 95% applications are solved within 6 months and my case is still in progress means now I've to wait for 6 months.
what a bull shit.

Today I called them again they said I need to write in one of their department which I'm gonna do now. Lets see what happens.

oldno7
Newly Registered

Post by oldno7 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 pm

wasimbari611 wrote:@oldno7
I sent my application through post.Whenever I call them they don't say about 14 weeks any more they say 95% applications are solved within 6 months and my case is still in progress means now I've to wait for 6 months.
what a bull shit.

Today I called them again they said I need to write in one of their department which I'm gonna do now. Lets see what happens.
Whenever I had to call the Home Office on: 0870 606 7766, When waiting for a live person to answer... The recorded message did/does say that they are "Unable to answer any queries to do with an application, Unless it is 14 weeks old". Once a live person said the same thing also.

They don't say whether this applies only to premium applications or also postal applications.
This could be something you could argue with them about?

I know what your going through... the toughest part is the waiting. As long as you have faith that what you sent them in the application is ok. Then just wait and see.
Good luck my friend.

senga6
Newly Registered

Post by senga6 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Ive had almost same experience- applied same time as you..no fee deducted, wouldnt give us any information when we called...

Now weve got a letter from UKBA saying that the application was invalid. Reasons stated is not clear...it talks about the fee going up in April, but we made the application in January, so dont know why that would matter. Then it says that there were insufficient funds or wrong account details. It also says wrong form was used.

Thing is my bank has confirmed there were sufficient funds at all times, and im positive the bank details were correct as we checked everything very carefully.

We used form 04/2009 but this was the valid form in January 2010.

Calling UKBA is a waste of time because they cant access your case details or pass on the call to anyone who knows anything.

Im very suspicious of this, they returned our form and the first three pages were missing, i.e. the part with our account details.

Now my wifes visa has expired and we have to make an out of time application.

Why does it take almost six months just to process the fee anyway??!

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

Post by wasimbari611 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:40 am

@senga6

Sorry to hear your story. But did you ask from your bank, was there any payment declined for the HO.because in my case they said yes and now I sent the payment detail again to HO.Lets see what happens but HO never told me anything abt declined payment .

senga6
Newly Registered

Post by senga6 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:23 am

I asked the Bank but they couldnt find any declined payment in the last couple of months. they said they need the date of the attempted transfer, which UKBA do not state in their letter. Around when did they try to make the transfer for you?

I wonder if their payment system had some problems.