ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:03 pm

CRT7 wrote:They want to introduce the english tests in October this year, but surely this wont affect current applications???
if applications from the current bulk (late May onwards - considering 12 weeks processing time) fails will fall into autumn if they reapply- then they will have to do the English test.
It is putting poor migrants in a very tricky situations - by tearing families a part. You may marry someone whom you love and with the intention to live with her/him for the rest of your life but you can't bring them because they can't speak the language.
They are giving further hints that it will be made tougher in the future. May Allah SWT help us all.

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:06 pm

CRT7 wrote:salaam all

jus a quick update, 12wks are up for me, I emailed Croydon who got back same day and state that they have processed the application and that we have to wait for VAC to contact us.

Further email to them at 13 weeks to ask how much longer it will take as the 12wk wait is up and still no sign, they replied (again same day) stating that they will look into delay.

Then further response from Croydon state that the application is being processed at the British High Commission in Islamabad (please note: tracking website still says app forwarded to Islamabad OC on)

So we definitly know its with BHC and they even gave me an email address for them to ask why it's taking so long.

Either way I'm hoping it wont take long now Inshallah

Hope this helps anyone in the same sitou as me
CRT7 - have you heard anything yet? I only submitted by application a few weeks ago and am becoming impatient already.

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Post by Bj Touch » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Yousafa wrote:
CRT7 wrote:salaam all

jus a quick update, 12wks are up for me, I emailed Croydon who got back same day and state that they have processed the application and that we have to wait for VAC to contact us.

Further email to them at 13 weeks to ask how much longer it will take as the 12wk wait is up and still no sign, they replied (again same day) stating that they will look into delay.

Then further response from Croydon state that the application is being processed at the British High Commission in Islamabad (please note: tracking website still says app forwarded to Islamabad OC on)

So we definitly know its with BHC and they even gave me an email address for them to ask why it's taking so long.

Either way I'm hoping it wont take long now Inshallah

Hope this helps anyone in the same sitou as me
CRT7 - have you heard anything yet? I only submitted by application a few weeks ago and am becoming impatient already.

Yousafa, I am in the same situation, any chance you can give me an email address for Croydon please?

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 pm

z4ydi..........if the applications are refused and it goes to appeal then they still will only look at the sponsors circumstances at the time of the intial application...........however if applicants re-apply then as you say, the english test will apply..........thankfully my partner is fluent in english so Inshallah I wont have a problem but I know what your saying about them tearing families apart and making it tough........at the end of the day they would stop applications if they could and they cant, so just making it tougher.

Yousafa..........nope still not heard anything, I'm hoping it wont be long but got no choice apart from waiting..........please make dua that it wont be much longer and be patient, I hope you dont have a wait as long as mine.

BJ Touch.........email address for Croydon is UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gsi.gov.uk
OR
UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk

hope this helps

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

-

Post by Bj Touch » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Last edited by Bj Touch on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Post by Bj Touch » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Bj Touch wrote:
CRT7 wrote:z4ydi..........if the applications are refused and it goes to appeal then they still will only look at the sponsors circumstances at the time of the intial application...........however if applicants re-apply then as you say, the english test will apply..........thankfully my partner is fluent in english so Inshallah I wont have a problem but I know what your saying about them tearing families apart and making it tough........at the end of the day they would stop applications if they could and they cant, so just making it tougher.

Yousafa..........nope still not heard anything, I'm hoping it wont be long but got no choice apart from waiting..........please make dua that it wont be much longer and be patient, I hope you dont have a wait as long as mine.

BJ Touch.........email address for Croydon is UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gsi.gov.uk
OR
UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk

hope this helps
Jazakallah CRT7- sorry to be so cheeky is there a telephone number as well as everytime I call it seems engaged, I am calling Gerrys in Mirpur and the some other numbers they gave me, but if my application is in Croydon then may be another telephone.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 pm

sorry i havent got a phone number, dont think Croydon take calls, but i will say they are pretty quick at responding........as for Gerry's etc or any organisation in Pakistan, I give up, because they never respond and cannot be arsed to help.

I have been advised by my solicitor to wait a few more weeks and then he will do something........but i cannot see what he can do either apart from waiting for Pakistan to pull their finger out and do their jobs properly........

newbie123
Newly Registered

Post by newbie123 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm

hi i am also using lyca , can you tell me when they send you the bill is it printed on the lyca letter head , because i have been printing mine from the online account it says lyca mobile on the top and then shows the number called, cost of it , time, and if it was a call or txt.

And when r u appying fot ur mrs visa , i am a bit worried since i am applying in august and they talkin about the english test
[/quote]

the bill is sent after the postal order is cleared

u get a letter with teh bill stating ur adress ,lyca mobile number and also states why u have requested the information. but in oredr to get a bil u have to send a letter to lyca telecoms to state reason why u request info

i recived 3 pages from my last bill. full a4 size

english tets will be introduced in autum .

fais79

Phone call to my employer

Post by fais79 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 pm

My employer received a phone call today from BHC for verification of my employment and salary.

I wonder how long more to go....

------------------------------------------------
20th April 2010 - Submitted Application at Gerrys Lahore
Status changed to Submitted to OC
12th April 2010 - Status changed to Application under process at BHC

Yousafa

Re: Phone call to my employer

Post by Yousafa » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:31 pm

fais79 wrote:My employer received a phone call today from BHC for verification of my employment and salary.

------------------------------------------------
20th April 2010 - Submitted Application at Gerrys Lahore
Status changed to Submitted to OC
12th April 2010 - Status changed to Application under process at BHC
I guess it's a relief to see that your application is being processed...... InshAllah you'll hear good news soon.

fais79

Thanks

Post by fais79 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks!

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

Post by sabeennaz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 pm

zeddy zed wrote:
newbie123 wrote:
I am using lebara mobile to call and text my wife in Pakistan. They have emailed me my call history, if I print this out, will it be acceptable as proof? Or will the ECO think its forgeable?
I use lyca mobile to contact my spouse

each month i send a letter and a postal order to teh company and recive a bill. the bill is a complete bill from previous month which shows call/txs.

i think its is better to use teh lyca network as i also used lebara but lost all call data

hi i am also using lyca , can you tell me when they send you the bill is it printed on the lyca letter head , because i have been printing mine from the online account it says lyca mobile on the top and then shows the number called, cost of it , time, and if it was a call or txt.

And when r u appying fot ur mrs visa , i am a bit worried since i am applying in august and they talkin about the english test[/quote

hiya i am using lyca mobile too and have printed every page from online including personal informtion and call history, just wondering would this do as on personal history they have my mobile number and password already there so they can check if need be

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

Post by sabeennaz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:38 pm

hiya i am using lyca mobile too and have printed every page from online including personal informtion and call history, just wondering would this do as on personal history they have my mobile number and password already there so they can check if need be
Battleykhan or anyone can you please clarify??????

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

Post by sabeennaz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Also is it neceassary to write on the letter to the phone company why we need the bills?

rav4u
Newly Registered

Immigrants to face English test

Post by rav4u » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:47 pm

hi

new rule is coming

Immigrants to face English test

the follow link for detail news .

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100608/tu ... 23e80.html

thanks

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

It seems that more and more people are using lyca and lebara mobile to contact their loved ones abroad. This is good as it does leave you with call history unlike phone cards at a decent-ish price.

My issue is the following:-
I have over 150 pages of call records emailed to me by lebara mobile in a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet does not contain the companies logo but it does summarisse everything, such as call cost, duration, number called etc.
I also have the email requesting this information.
The documents that they are going to post me dont go as far back as I would like, however the electronic versions do. I personally don't think this would be a problem as I have the email proving that they sent me the call records.

Batleykhan what do you think of this?

@RHUSSAIN - Thanks for the info, however Lebara to my knowledge doesn't send bills but you can request call history via email or post

@Zeddyzed - Inshallah the application will be submitted in 2 weeks

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:27 am

Salam ALL

I have submitted on 06/05/10 at Islamabad but my statues has not changed. Y is it ppl who submitted afterwards their statues has changed. Its frustrating
:( :( :( :( and i am really worried about the new english test. As my wife is not educated at all. what the hell is going to happen. Its going to make life really hard for ppl like me. we will have to juggle life between uk and in Pakistan And that will be hard trust me. May ALLAH make it easy for every1. The best thing is just Keep Faith in ALLAH. Everything happens for a reason but Life is going to be hard really hard.
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:22 am

Well i have read the last few posts in which many people have explained that how they keep in touch with their partners and what means of communication they use to stay in regular touch.
My wife normally use O2 mobile to call me every day as for the last couple months she was using O2 international calls bolt on which included UNLIMITED phone calls to one international land line number for just 5 pounds a month!!! :shock: ,although O2 had introduced it for just couple of months and then the package was withdrawn by O2 as it was a trial teriff but we enjoyed hours and hours of free calls using O2. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some one had mentioned about this package in the same thread and we took full advantage of it and the best part is we have bundles of itemised calling history on orginal O2 headed papers. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:32 am

@kaidee
Any updates mate? :roll:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 am

Just to add up regarding the English Language test i assume that the test would be like the IELTS(International English Language Testing System).
In this test Reading,Writing,Listening and Speaking abilities or skills of the prospective applicants are assessed and then they are given certain bands according to their respective performance in the four areas of the test.The band range is between 5,6,7,8,9 and 10 where 5 represents the Novice and 10 boasts the exceptional or fluent level of English Language skills.Below band 5 is i assume unacceptable and the candidate needs to put in more efforts to meet the criteria.
This is all my speculation about the test which would be introduced some where between early september and late or mid october.The same IELTS test is required for the applicants before they apply for the Australian immigration.
Canada,Australia and Newzealand are the few countries who are using this test to assess thier prospective migrants English language capabilities.
UK has used this test in past for the student applicants and now they want all the people to take this sort of test before they travel to the UK with a prospect of settling down in the UK.
Well it is certainly a thing to worry as this Evil barrier would put lots of those people in an unprecedented level of trouble who didnt go to english medium schools and didnt study english curriculumThis test will cause prolonged delays and will add up to the delays the application processing hides up for them. :(

Q4sim

Property Inspection report for immigration purposes

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:02 am

Hi everyone,
Just to let you know that my Local Council does not know what a property inspection report for immigration purposes is.

They have the following written on their website:-

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20007 ... _housing/6

Neither does estate agents such as Marsh & Parsons and Foxtons.
I have decided to get this report and was wondering which estate agents people contacted to get it?
The link above contains links to various places, but these arent estate agents or councils. I have even called a few registered surveyors and they don't do it.

Desperately need this help guys :)
Last edited by Q4sim on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:18 am

navalaviator wrote:Well i have read the last few posts in which many people have explained that how they keep in touch with their partners and what means of communication they use to stay in regular touch.
My wife normally use O2 mobile to call me every day as for the last couple months she was using O2 international calls bolt on which included UNLIMITED phone calls to one international land line number for just 5 pounds a month!!! :shock: ,although O2 had introduced it for just couple of months and then the package was withdrawn by O2 as it was a trial teriff but we enjoyed hours and hours of free calls using O2. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some one had mentioned about this package in the same thread and we took full advantage of it and the best part is we have bundles of itemised calling history on orginal O2 headed papers. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hey navalaviator

Just had a question i also took advantage of the o2 offer when it was avaliable only lasted a month for me but i was unable to get the call history , i rang the 02 service and they said you cant get call records for pay as u go, where u on a contarct or somthing?

NAZIA786
Newly Registered

Re: Phone call to my employer

Post by NAZIA786 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 am

[quote="fais79"]My employer received a phone call today from BHC for verification of my employment and salary.

----looking at previous forums..they often confirm employment and then issue a visa...so you shoul here in 2 weeks inshallah... this is purely reading from previous forums... not experience etc...
however my submittec his visa papers in mirpur on 16th april so inshallah...we should hear very soon... were do you work? i mean i work for civil service..so i would nt really knw if HR have bin contacted..but no assuming if you have i may have had to... coz my husbands 16.04.10.. my status still says 'visa app under process @BHC ??

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 am

navalaviator wrote:Just to add up regarding the English Language test i assume that the test would be like the IELTS(International English Language Testing System).
In this test Reading,Writing,Listening and Speaking abilities or skills of the prospective applicants are assessed and then they are given certain bands according to their respective performance in the four areas of the test.The band range is between 5,6,7,8,9 and 10 where 5 represents the Novice and 10 boasts the exceptional or fluent level of English Language skills.Below band 5 is i assume unacceptable and the candidate needs to put in more efforts to meet the criteria.
This is all my speculation about the test which would be introduced some where between early september and late or mid october.The same IELTS test is required for the applicants before they apply for the Australian immigration.
Canada,Australia and Newzealand are the few countries who are using this test to assess thier prospective migrants English language capabilities.
UK has used this test in past for the student applicants and now they want all the people to take this sort of test before they travel to the UK with a prospect of settling down in the UK.
Well it is certainly a thing to worry as this Evil barrier would put lots of those people in an unprecedented level of trouble who didnt go to english medium schools and didnt study english curriculumThis test will cause prolonged delays and will add up to the delays the application processing hides up for them. :(
According to the UKBA the requiremnt is that "partner will need to demonstrate basic English at A1 level". Did a bit of google search, apparently the test should not be that difficult, CEF (Common European Framework) devides English language learners into 6 levels, A1 being the Begginers, any one will pass the course if he/she "can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help."

snipered

Re: Property Inspection report for immigration purposes

Post by snipered » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 am

Q4sim wrote:Hi everyone,
Just to let you know that my Local Council does not know what a property inspection report for immigration purposes is.

They have the following written on their website:-

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20007 ... _housing/6

Neither does estate agents such as Marsh & Parsons and Foxtons.
I have decided to get this report and was wondering which estate agents people contacted to get it?
The link above contains links to various places, but these arent estate agents or councils. I have even called a few registered surveyors and they don't do it.

Desperately need this help guys :)
I had an issue with mine. I went to one and paid £60 and then when i got it checked by an immigration lawyer, he said this is crap.

I went to Property Link and they did a proper one. They have a contract with Home office.

Just make sure who ever you get it done by it must say HOUSING ACT of 198* cant remember it.

They need to write it conforms to the housing act. That is very crucial.