ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem in previous passport

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman1979
BANNED

Problem in previous passport

Post by houman1979 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi,

My friend is going to apply for Tier 4 visa in a near future but there is a problem about his application.

He is 23. When he was 16, he went from Iran to Malaysia. In malaysia, he acquired a fake brazilian passport. He exited malaysia with his Iranian passport and then entered china with his fake passport. Then from china he went to France and in France they noticed his passport was fake and deported him. He returned to Iran with his Iranian passport. The problem is that the exit and entry stamps in Tehan airport does not match with entry and exit stamps in Malaysia (due to the period he was travelling on brazilian passport).

Now, what can he do? He has offer from an English college. Do you suggest that he explained everything or simply does not say anything? If he explains anything will he be rejected? If ECO cares about previous travells outside the UK or EU?

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:58 pm

If he explains everything ( though I fail to understand how he could manage to do that in his favor ), he would definitely be refused for the fake passport bit.. and if he doesn't say a word, then the EC officer is bound to find out and then u can expect a ban from the UK too.. Wasn't he arrested in France for entering the country with a fake passport? Anyway, I think it would be better to try applying without saying a word and keep praying.. But it is a huge risk and I would suggest forgetting about his idea of coming to the UK instead of getting a ban.. Isn't the answer to his situation logical enough? He has been deported due to forgery for crying out loud !!!! Maybe just maybe, he could try for a visa safely once 10 years from his date of deportation has passed...

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Thank you.

The problem is a bit complicated. The ECO could not understand directly that he was deported as he deported with a fake passport which was not in his name!!! (I suggested to him too that forget UK visa and I think he cannot do anything better).

The suspicious thing is a mismatch between the entry and exit stamps in his passport.

In addition, it is possible that France took a photo of him and then UKBA understands the problem after getting biometrics and face photo? (I do not know that if their databases are connected together).

I think like you that these people should not go. I am asking this question only because of his pressure. Again thank you.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 am

houman1979 wrote:Thank you.

The problem is a bit complicated. The ECO could not understand directly that he was deported as he deported with a fake passport which was not in his name!!! (I suggested to him too that forget UK visa and I think he cannot do anything better).

The suspicious thing is a mismatch between the entry and exit stamps in his passport.

In addition, it is possible that France took a photo of him and then UKBA understands the problem after getting biometrics and face photo? (I do not know that if their databases are connected together).

I think like you that these people should not go. I am asking this question only because of his pressure. Again thank you.

1) There is the issue with the entry and exit stamps.
2) When he was arrested and deported from France, I am sure that they would have got his real name and details to put in their database. Travel databases are shared between most governmental and commercial agencies these days due to terrorist activities. I assure you that even if there is even a shred of incriminating information available anywhere, he would be found out in 95% of the cases. The other 5% is for computer and human error chances.
3) There may a criminal record in his name in France for forgery (check that out).

In short, tell him to forget about it..

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:30 am

Thank you. I have the same idea!!!