ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation-Civil Judgments

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sarah_Jane
Newly Registered

Naturalisation-Civil Judgments

Post by Sarah_Jane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi,
I will be applying for naturalisation soon but have a few things which i dont no how to answer.
What does Civil Judgments mean?
Thank you!

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation-Civil Judgments

Post by senthil78 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Sarah_Jane wrote:Hi,
I will be applying for naturalisation soon but have a few things which i dont no how to answer.
What does Civil Judgments mean?
Thank you!
Did you go to court for any offence? If yes and you pleaded guilty for the offence or judgement is made against you, you will get punishment (fine, community services etc) by court. This is what is called civil judgement.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:07 pm

I don't think that is right. Civil Judgments means things like CCJs .... County Court Judgments ..... in respect of things like unpaid debts.

They are nothing to do with criminal convictions.
John

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:18 pm

John wrote:I don't think that is right. Civil Judgments means things like CCJs .... County Court Judgments ..... in respect of things like unpaid debts.

I thought that civil judgement is all the cases dealt with majesty court. Thanks John,

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Whats Majesty court?

Sarah_Jane
Newly Registered

Civil Judgments- British Citizenship

Post by Sarah_Jane » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:10 am

John wrote:I don't think that is right. Civil Judgments means things like CCJs .... County Court Judgments ..... in respect of things like unpaid debts.

Yes, i had to pay some money to a solicitor. Anyway, the judge reduced the money owed so i won, sort off. There was no pleading guilty and 'spent' time...
So just wanted to know, if i need to put it down on my application form for naturalisation. It was over 9 years ago.
Thank you for your answers.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:35 am

OK, did you then go on to pay the amount ordered by the Judge? If so, and especially because of the length of time that has passed, I don't think that there is any need to mention that on the form AN.
John

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:36 am

mrlookforward wrote:Whats Majesty court?
Spelt wrong, it is magistrate court