ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help on Child Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

parvaiz_iqbal
Newly Registered

help on Child Tax Credit

Post by parvaiz_iqbal » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:51 am

:? Hello
I am on Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa, Dependent Wife and Dependent British Born Daughter. My daughter is only one year old and now my wife wants to work full time. I am already working full time. We gone to the child center and they told us that we can take Child TAX Credit like 80% of the money back, paid to the child center. I am very confused that might be I breach any law. We are not claiming anything for our daughter and I want to extend my stay in February 2011 on HSMP.
Please guide me about Child Tax Credit or we are allowed to take any support or not
Thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 am

You are not supposed to claim child tax credit. If someone has told you that you can, then they are wrong. You have to follow the UKBA guidance and not what some child centre says. Not everyone knows the implications of benefits on people who are under immigratin control. So better stay away from it.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:22 am

parvaiz_iqbal, insufficient information. What is the nationality of you and your wife? Also if either of you worked in another country, apart from that of your nationality, before coming to the UK, details please.
John