ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kammy
Newly Registered

Visa Extension

Post by kammy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:37 pm

Hello

My workpermit is expiring soon and I am wondering if I can apply for extension to stay so that I can travel more of UK and Europe. Do Home Office give that privelege? Is it a valid reason? How much period of stay would I get. Is there a minimum period that Homeoffice give on this visa? What all do I need to get this? I can't find any guidelines on the IND website. Please guide.

Information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

CHEERS!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 am

Apply for new work permit? If granted that will give the the right to stay in the UK.

Travel in Europe? Dependent upon your nationality you might need a Schengen visa.
John

kammy
Newly Registered

extension

Post by kammy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:06 am

Hi,
New Workpermit is a nightmare. My work is over so I am assuming, the new visa will have to be of a visitor. I hope the visa would be long enough to get schengan visa to travel into europe. Is it hard to get this visitor visa? How long would it be for? Advise please.
thanks.