ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awarding letter come in july and visa end in june help......

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyadarshishah
Newly Registered

Awarding letter come in july and visa end in june help......

Post by priyadarshishah » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi My all modules are clear and i also submitted my dissertation. but the result of dissertation declare in july and my visa is expire in june. i have had advised from an immigration solicitor, he suggested me to hit an application for psw along with covering letter stating about results and it should be alright, by the time HO is looking at the case and in all this time my result will be out.
My question is
Is it alright if i apply for PSW visa?

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 pm

you will be refused if you apply for your PSW without getting your degree.. There has been many posts on the same topic in this forum so please do some searching..

bethnalblue

Re: Awarding letter come in july and visa end in june help..

Post by bethnalblue » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:19 pm

priyadarshishah wrote:Hi My all modules are clear and i also submitted my dissertation. but the result of dissertation declare in july and my visa is expire in june. i have had advised from an immigration solicitor, he suggested me to hit an application for psw along with covering letter stating about results and it should be alright, by the time HO is looking at the case and in all this time my result will be out.
My question is
Is it alright if i apply for PSW visa?
As you have been suggested by your solicitor to submit an application, let me inform you that the rules strictly says that you must have to have a degree to apply for PSW. HO will not consider any application while you are waiting for the results because you are not the only one in this situation. About submitting your application without results is a big risk and its entirely your decision, if you are lucky you might get away or you may end up with a refusal.