ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:24 am

Hey z4ydi

If your status changes, please post on here please. I have noticed that you applied on 11th and we applied on 13th. Your status changed on 24th and ours changed on 26th.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 pm

snipered wrote:Hey z4ydi

If your status changes, please post on here please. I have noticed that you applied on 11th and we applied on 13th. Your status changed on 24th and ours changed on 26th.
InshAllah - I will keep you all posted,

Kaidee submitted 10/05/10 - Status changed to under Process on the 22/05/10
I submitted 11/05/10 - Status changed to under Process on the 24/05/10
You submitted 13/05/10 - Status changed to under Process on the 26/05/10

So it there is a relation in the sequence of events/changes. If the process is still taking 8 weeks, we shall hear the news by the end of June - inshAllah.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:37 pm

I work in a school and my manager/employer has not been contacted yet - 5 weeks since submission now! - I am a bit worried because in the Sponsor Employment section of the form I only put school's main telephone number (The Reception) and did not include my line Manager's extension, I wonder whether UKBA will bother to tell the reception to put them to the right department or would they only ask the receptionist to confirm my employment, Salary, Position etc?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:53 pm

hi snipered, how much did you pay a property link?
i'm getting quotes of £300 from other places

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:29 pm

navalaviator wrote:@kaidee
Any updates mate? :roll:
Nada, nada...
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:37 pm

salam everyone,

I recently contacted Abudhabi hub and they replied as follow

"Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. This type of application is lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.
Please do not contact the VAC directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.
Please forward any future settlement enquiries to UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
Regards
Visa Correspondence Team
British Embassy, Abu Dhabi"[/b]

I have now sent an email to above address so let see what they reply or if they reply !!

applied for wife visa on 16 Apr 10 , to date its nearly 8 weeks and the status hasn't changed either on the tracking website its same "forwarded to Isb on ...."

also no calls to my employer or myself from home office or embassy ... hope all goes well inshallah

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:35 pm

I applied on 25th May and today we received a message to say that Application is under process at BHC. I've just got excited and nervous at once...

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:42 pm

@qasim

Well i am in the same boat as far as housing survey report is concerned!!
My wife contacted her local council and they told her exactly the same thing that they dont know what to write in such report or havent done it before so they have no idea at all (Rocket science for them :lol: )
so we searched for few chartered surveyors as well on the web in a hope to find some one suitable to carry out this sort of report for us but when we looked at the money they were asking we were stunned as one of them informed us that they will charge some where between 300-400 quids!!To make a long story short we have decided to do it ourself with correct guidance and wording, i have come up with a comprehensive and professional survey report in which i have drawn charts and figures according to the housing act of 1985 overcrowding legislation to support our claim that their would be no overcrowding if visa is granted to applicant and taht the property is suitable for habitation,we took photographs of all the rooms of our property and will provide them as a backup with this report. :lol: All what you need to do is just to take the measurements of all the rooms,calculate the floor areas,Work out the number of people living currently at your property against the rooms and their floor areas and finaly take photographs of your whole house and attach them as a backup with your report and i assume that this will suffice the overcrowding aspect as far as your accommodation is concerned. :D
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:50 pm

To make a long story short we have decided to do it ourself with correct guidance and wording, i have come up with a comprehensive and professional survey report in which i have drawn charts and figures according to the housing act of 1985 overcrowding legislation to support our claim that their would be no overcrowding if visa is granted to applicant and taht the property is suitable for habitation,we took photographs of all the rooms of our property and will provide them as a backup with this report. Laughing All what you need to do is just to take the measurements of all the rooms,calculate the floor areas,Work out the number of people living currently at your property against the rooms and their floor areas and finaly take photographs of your whole house and attach them as a backup with your report and i assume that this will suffice the overcrowding aspect as far as your accommodation is concerned. Very Happy
Dont go round giving sample of this report to anybody FOC..... you know what I meanLol :) :wink:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 pm

zeddy zed wrote:
navalaviator wrote:Well i have read the last few posts in which many people have explained that how they keep in touch with their partners and what means of communication they use to stay in regular touch.
My wife normally use O2 mobile to call me every day as for the last couple months she was using O2 international calls bolt on which included UNLIMITED phone calls to one international land line number for just 5 pounds a month!!! :shock: ,although O2 had introduced it for just couple of months and then the package was withdrawn by O2 as it was a trial teriff but we enjoyed hours and hours of free calls using O2. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some one had mentioned about this package in the same thread and we took full advantage of it and the best part is we have bundles of itemised calling history on orginal O2 headed papers. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hey navalaviator

Just had a question i also took advantage of the o2 offer when it was avaliable only lasted a month for me but i was unable to get the call history , i rang the 02 service and they said you cant get call records for pay as u go, where u on a contarct or somthing?
Well you need to contact O2 and request them your calling history and then they would send you a form in your email to fill up,print it out and send them as a postal order worth 10 quids. :wink:
where u on a contarct or somthing?
Yes for the last two years :D
i rang the 02 service and they said you cant get call records for pay as u go
Call them and request them again,tell them the reasons that why you need such records,ask their manager if the operator at the customer service is not helpfull or does nt understand your request and explain,just push them to do it for you somehow as it is a matter of your life partner mate 8)

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 pm

navalaviator wrote:@qasim

Well i am in the same boat as far as housing survey report is concerned!!
My wife contacted her local council and they told her exactly the same thing that they dont know what to write in such report or havent done it before so they have no idea at all (Rocket science for them :lol: )
so we searched for few chartered surveyors as well on the web in a hope to find some one suitable to carry out this sort of report for us but when we looked at the money they were asking we were stunned as one of them informed us that they will charge some where between 300-400 quids!!To make a long story short we have decided to do it ourself with correct guidance and wording, i have come up with a comprehensive and professional survey report in which i have drawn charts and figures according to the housing act of 1985 overcrowding legislation to support our claim that their would be no overcrowding if visa is granted to applicant and taht the property is suitable for habitation,we took photographs of all the rooms of our property and will provide them as a backup with this report. :lol: All what you need to do is just to take the measurements of all the rooms,calculate the floor areas,Work out the number of people living currently at your property against the rooms and their floor areas and finaly take photographs of your whole house and attach them as a backup with your report and i assume that this will suffice the overcrowding aspect as far as your accommodation is concerned. :D
This way too expansive £300? I just went to my local Estate Agent and paid £30. the letter is a headed letter from them stating the number of rooms in the flat the occupants, and also stating the Housing Act and that the flat is in habitable condition and will not be overcrowded. I know other brothers and my friends whom done the same from these Agents and their wives are here. Look for a small agent not the big ones I have to say not all agents do it,

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

batleykhan wrote:
To make a long story short we have decided to do it ourself with correct guidance and wording, i have come up with a comprehensive and professional survey report in which i have drawn charts and figures according to the housing act of 1985 overcrowding legislation to support our claim that their would be no overcrowding if visa is granted to applicant and taht the property is suitable for habitation,we took photographs of all the rooms of our property and will provide them as a backup with this report. Laughing All what you need to do is just to take the measurements of all the rooms,calculate the floor areas,Work out the number of people living currently at your property against the rooms and their floor areas and finaly take photographs of your whole house and attach them as a backup with your report and i assume that this will suffice the overcrowding aspect as far as your accommodation is concerned. Very Happy
Dont go round giving sample of this report to anybody FOC..... you know what I meanLol :) :wink:
Yes i will NEVER do it as it has copyrights and contains my personal information :wink: :lol: :wink:

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Ok, I have found a place that seems very credible for a housing inspection report.
There website address is the following:-http://www.hygenisys.com/
Price is about £225 + VAT

My local estate agents have never heard of this report and my council no longer does it.

I have decided to go ahead and get it done from a professional place. I know it is a bit pricey, but at least it wont be bugging me while i'm waiting for the outcome of the visa.

Navalaviator, can you really do this yourself? Or does it need to be done by a professional body?

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:13 pm

salaam people,

its seems to have been a bit quite this week on the new visa front.

On the positive side there is good trend between the number of days its taking to change status from :

- application forwarded to application under process with BHC.
( Wife's app was submitted on 20/05/2010 at Mirpur and changed on 03/06/2010 to under process. ) :)

2 weeks seems to be the average. At least there is some logical process but after that it's hard to plot a trend. (been keeping myself occupied by producing spreadsheets showing trends etc ) :? :?

fingers crossed we all hear good news soon...please keep us updated if there is any progress provides everyone with hope.

just spoken with HR who sit in the next office to mine they will let me know if they hear anything....

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Q4sim wrote:Ok, I have found a place that seems very credible for a housing inspection report.

My local estate agents have never heard of this report and my council no longer does it.

I have decided to go ahead and get it done from a professional place. I know it is a bit pricey, but at least it wont be bugging me while i'm waiting for the outcome of the visa.

Navalaviator, can you really do this yourself? Or does it need to be done by a professional body?
Navalaviator, can you really do this yourself? Or does it need to be done by a professional body
Housing survey report is NOT a mandatory or an essential bit to supply with application.Report just gives an idea to the ECO that what sort of a place applicant intends to live in if visa is granted regardless of the fact that it has been done by an independent body of applicant or sponsor,you have to simply explain the parameters of your property to convince the ECO that your accommodation is suitable and habitable for the applicant and will not be overcrowded,i assume that every body should be able to explain that what type of a house they are living in with how many rooms are in the house and how many people are living!!!
Batley khan had mentioned in one of your previous threads taht such reports have been accepted provided that correct wording and guidance has been followed through out :D

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Q4sim wrote:Ok, I have found a place that seems very credible for a housing inspection report.

You should go to property link and talk to them. They have a contract with the home office. They have a proper template that they use.

Costs only £50. 225 is rediculous. Talk to them first before spending that amount of money,

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:05 pm

I called Property link, and they have quoted me £150. They will let me know if they can come out to me by tomorrow.

You do have to convince the ECO that the property will not be overcrowded and a housing report is a way to do this. The other way as Batleykhan stated would be to do it yourself.
Either way I feel that it is necessary to include something be it by yourself or from an independant body.

Even though it is going to cost me a bit I am going to just get it done from an independant body. I worry too much :P

charikaar
Newly Registered

Post by charikaar » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:55 pm

z4ydi wrote:
snipered wrote:Hey z4ydi

InshAllah - I will keep you all posted,

Kaidee submitted 10/05/10 - Status changed to under Process on the 22/05/10
I submitted 11/05/10 - Status changed to under Process on the 24/05/10
You submitted 13/05/10 - Status changed to under Process on the 26/05/10

So it there is a relation in the sequence of events/changes. If the process is still taking 8 weeks, we shall hear the news by the end of June - inshAllah.
My brother in law appied on 10.05.10 from Islamabad VAC. I will let you guys know when we hear anything! good luck to everyone

fais79

Property Inspection Report

Post by fais79 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Guys I used Golden Estates... They charged me £50 and did a proper professional report with reference to all rules and regs

fais79

Post by fais79 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm

NAZIA786 I work for a private ltd company. They phone and spoke to receptionist asking for my MD who then attended the call and answered couple of there questions which were:

- Did you write the letter
- Can you confirm the salary on the letter

It was a very short 2min call just for verification

Yeh from what I have seen from previous posts it does seem like couple of weeks wait after the call to employer.

I hope inshallah everyone succeeds in their applications..

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks faiz79. I would check them out but they are in Birmingham.
Anyone know any places in South London that carry out housing inspection reports for a reasonable price?
Last edited by Q4sim on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Hey everyone,

Should the applicant attach their CV to a spouse visa application if they have not had any history of work?.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:37 am

81% applications in april were processed in 30 working days at islamabad VAC. :lol:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:50 am

88% at Mirpur 8) Today is working day 24 for me (not including the Bank Holiday)

Waiting sucks! But, alhamdulillah, it is something you have to go through and on that note I'd just like to share this:
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:57 am

I think there will be heavy delays from now on due to the english test announcement, IMO they will be inundated with applications.