ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Family (Uncle, Cousins) in Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Perdesi007

Visiting Family (Uncle, Cousins) in Canada

Post by Perdesi007 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi All,

I am on T1 General visa in UK which expires in april 2011. I am interested in applying for visit visa to canada to see my uncle and his family. My questions are:

What kind of invitation letter do i need from my uncle?

Could any one please supply a sample of invitation letter?

Do I need any other supporting documents from my uncle in Canada? i.e. copy of passport, Bank statements, Property documents etc.

How much funds do i need to show in my account, I'm just planning to go there for one week in September 2010 ?

Thanx in Advance

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:22 am

Be advised visa is not only based on sponsor letters etc but also your circumstances such as are you working at the moment, Bank statement etc.

You can ask your relative for a Notarized letter which is easily available and would cost may be 50$ CAD max or even cheaper confirming his address, Social Security number as well as his address.

(If he goes to a notary public guy they will write it up for him)

An invite for yourself additional documents can be a copy of his PR or passport, his salary slips etc though when I applied the first time I only had to show notrized invitation letter + copy of PR card.

You can show funds in access of £1500 to £2000.
Payslips
And visa is walk in or you can even drop your application via post.

Good Luck