ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Citizenship Application - No Entry Stamp

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayneandd
Newly Registered

URGENT - Citizenship Application - No Entry Stamp

Post by jayneandd » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi all

I'm about to lodge Form AN1 for British Citizenship as a spouse of a British Citizen. I'm stuck on Section 2 - Question 2.1

I entered the UK on 16.08.04 on a spouse visa but came in on a RyanAir domestic from Ireland into Manchester and never got an entry stamp into the UK. My first actual entry stamp into the UK is 13.02.05.

I applied for and was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain on 28 July 2006 and proved my entry into the the UK with a signed credit card receipt (which I no longer have).

Given I only have to prove three years residence, my question is what date do I out in Section 2.1 - the 16.08.04 (which I can't prove) or 13.02.05 (even though I was legally in the UK before that date?)

I don't want to fall foul of the regulations.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 am

I would say that you should put 16.08.2004 even if you do not have a proof. Attach a covering letter and explain why you do not have an entry stamp. HO will know that passports are not checked/stamped on arrivals from Ireland.

Even if they do not accept 16.082004 as your initial entry, still it wont make any difference to your application. Your application will still be approved. So just state the fact, even if you do not have any proof of it.

An advice to other people who might enter from ireland in such circumstances is, that when you arrive at UK airport, ask to see an immigration officer and get your passport stamped. Keeps all the confusions away.

EFR3
Newly Registered

Post by EFR3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:52 pm

mrlookforward wrote:
An advice to other people who might enter from ireland in such circumstances is, that when you arrive at UK airport, ask to see an immigration officer and get your passport stamped. Keeps all the confusions away.
they wont stamp the passport even u request still they wont they might ask u to fill the landing card but it true even they know but still they wont stamp.

JulesN19

Post by JulesN19 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:51 pm

I was in a similar situation when I successfully applied for naturalisation earlier this year. I travelled in early 2007 from the United States to London with a connecting flight in Dublin because Aer Lingus was offering the best deal at the time.

I submitted with my application:
1. My Aer Lingus flight itinerary that I had printed a few hours before checking in for my flight from the US
2. My Aer Lingus boarding passes
3. UK bank statements (listing my UK address) showing my residence in the UK and debit card transactions in London during the several months between my arrival and my re-entry following my honeymoon
4. A letter from the US Selective Service System showing that I changed my registered address to my London address immediately after my arrival (as I was just young enough to be subject to a registration requirement under US law)
5. My Life in the UK Test pass notification letter from March 2007 (as I took the exam rather early)

I explained my travel to the UK and all of this supporting documentation on page 14 of the application. In my case, it was necessary to show my arrival in the UK and subsequent residence because I would otherwise not be able to show that I was in the UK exactly three years before the application date. In your case, showing how you arrived may prevent any confusion on their part, but it doesn't go to eligibility for naturalisation.

As to evidence of your arrival: Try checking your e-mail inbox to see if you have an airline itinerary that you can re-print and explain. If you received an Irish entry stamp before connecting to the Ryanair flight, then draw attention to the page in your passport that has the stamp.

Anything that you have showing that you would have been present in the UK in the following months couldn't hurt. Bank statements are usually helpful, as they would tend to show transactions in the UK.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:39 am

Your case was totally different.
OP doesnt need to do any of that.
OP already has a stamp dated 13.02.05 in his passport, and according to that OP already qualifies for BC. The question was just about the initial entry date into the UK and not about proving that OP was in UK at the beginning of qualifying period or whether OP satisfies the residence requirements.
Based on OP's passport stamp of 13.02.05 he/she clearly passes residential requirements and there is no need to submitt any other documentation. HO is only interested in counting 5 yrs or 3 yrs backwards from the date of application. Anything that happened before that is actually totally irrelevant.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:19 pm

It may be different, but it doesn't hurt to know what others have done in similar situations. The forum is about learning from each others and knowing how different people handled the situation in different ways is always helpful.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us JulesN19.

Ray

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Yes, offcourse. What Jules has mentioned about her case can be very relevant in many cases. All I was saying is that there is no need for this in the OP's particular case. :D