ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa application invalid - overstayer

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:44 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that.

There's no point seeing a solicitor so don't waste your money there. I would start arranging plans to go home. Once you buy tickets etc... contact UKBA to collect passport and apply from home.

PS. what is your immigration status in the UK? If you are ILR holder or Brit citizen then he may be able to come on a FLR visa.

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Thu May 27, 2010 7:38 pm

joh118 wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that.

There's no point seeing a solicitor so don't waste your money there. I would start arranging plans to go home. Once you buy tickets etc... contact UKBA to collect passport and apply from home.

PS. what is your immigration status in the UK? If you are ILR holder or Brit citizen then he may be able to come on a FLR visa.
Thanks very much joh118 and also sushdmehta.
We did go to the immigration advisory centre in Hounslow and it was worth the £70 cos we got lots of info. It's been a very weird 24 hours but probably he will return to Chile and as I am a British citizen we will apply for a fiance visa. Joh118, is that what a FLR visa is?
2nd option would be to marry now in a CofE church as don't need a certificate of approval from the home office, but that sounds more dodgy and he could be arrested if they catch him before the wedding - and also the HO has kept his passport so I guess he would need that to get married?
3rd option is the solicitor says he can try to get on a new higher level course at a highly trusted college and reapply for tier 4 visa. But he can't work and if it's refused it might be more serious as he would have overstayed by more than 6 months.
I'm so grateful for the help you have given us on here.
Lizzie

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:21 pm

lizziet wrote:
joh118 wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that.

Thanks very much joh118 and also sushdmehta.
We did go to the immigration advisory centre in Hounslow and it was worth the £70 cos we got lots of info. It's been a very weird 24 hours but probably he will return to Chile and as I am a British citizen we will apply for a fiance visa. Joh118, is that what a FLR visa is?
2nd option would be to marry now in a CofE church as don't need a certificate of approval from the home office, but that sounds more dodgy and he could be arrested if they catch him before the wedding - and also the HO has kept his passport so I guess he would need that to get married?
3rd option is the solicitor says he can try to get on a new higher level course at a highly trusted college and reapply for tier 4 visa. But he can't work and if it's refused it might be more serious as he would have overstayed by more than 6 months.
I'm so grateful for the help you have given us on here.
Lizzie
Ah well you should have said you were a UK citizen! It makes things ALOT easier.

Yes, he should go home and apply definately. He can apply as an unmarried partner or as a fiance. I assume he is over 21?

have a look here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... lpartners/

once he is approved, he can work freely.

look here also http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... espartners

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm

joh118 wrote: Ah well you should have said you were a UK citizen! It makes things ALOT easier.
Ah, some good news at last :-)
Thanks v much for the links, they help a lot - yes, he's well over 21 and it does seem as though this is the best option now.
Thanks
Lizzie

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:20 am

Hi again
My boyfriend has been trying to arrange with the Home Office to go home, but they keep telling him the other department (who refused his tier 4 application) have not yet sent over his passport so they won't let him book his flight home. His refusal letter was dated 25th May and the IAS advisor said he should return home within 28 days to keep a good immigration history. He has recorded the last call to them on his phone, but there is no e-mail address on his letter to e-mail them.
Do you think they might be trying to delay his going home so that they can say he didn't go voluntarily, or am I just being paranoid??
Please tell me what you think, I'm so worried!
Thanks