ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Waiting Times - Chennai

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kart
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependant Waiting Times - Chennai

Post by kart » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 am

Hi,

My wife had applied for her Tier 2 dependant visa on the 20th May 2010 from Chennai. I was of the impression that Tier 2 dependant visas dont take more than a week to get processed. This impression was further affirmed when my friend's wife got her dependant visa within a week (she had applied late April).

However, in my wife's case, its been more than 2 weeks and the visa is still under the status "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission". I'm getting anxious now.

Appreciate comments from anyone who had applied for their Tier 2 dependant visa from Chennai around the same time (either have received or awaiting their visa)?

Many thanks.

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Kart,

You are right, the processing time has increased..I applied on 18th may same visa at hyderabad, still waiting..there are many more like us..you can check this thread.

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57652

Current processing is about 4 weeks, from date of application so you will need to have more patience...

Cheers!
Everything comes to an end eventully...

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks Daslimy1. I guess the timelines for all dependent visas (i.e., T1, T2 etc) are all the same. Do kindly update if you hear from the BHC.

Gud luck!

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:24 am

Anyone out there who had recently got their dependant visa processed from Chennai BHC? Appreciate your feedback.

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Finally, received the passport and the T2 dependant visa today :D
What a relief!

Application submitted at VFS Chennai: 20 May
"Appln under process" message received on 25 May
"Passport couriered" message received on 11 June
Passport received on 12 June.

Gud luck to all!