ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty right question.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justcurious
Newly Registered

EU Treaty right question.

Post by justcurious » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:15 am

Posting it for friend.

Situation is my friend is French but living in Ireland from last 2 years, He is Marrying Non EU national(she is in her home country), Now regarding visa what Visa will she be getting French or Irish?
Thanks

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:49 am

if your friend is French national and he is living and working or studying in Ireland, then her non eu wife should apply for Irish visa to come and join her husband in ireland.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:54 am

daddy wrote:if your friend is French national and he is living and working or studying in Ireland, then her non eu wife should apply for Irish visa to come and join her husband in ireland.
Yeah he is working in Ireland from last 2 years, I was just confused about exercising EU Treaty right thing. What is that and will that effect on application?

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:52 pm

then he doesnt have any problem in bringing his wife since he is excercising his treaty right. I dont see any problem that will stop hime from bringing his wife since he is working here.