ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Process-My Learnings-Tier 2 and Work Permit Holders!!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kagan 1
Newly Registered

ILR Process-My Learnings-Tier 2 and Work Permit Holders!!!!

Post by kagan 1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi to all,

I would like to share my experiences with all of you.

Experience 1

I come to UK on the 20th June 2005 as a work permit holder. In 2009 January I had been redundant and till April 2009 I could not find a job. Within these three months(January 2009-April 2009) I called Home Office numereous times and they told me that my stay has been curtailed and I had to leave the country. Some officers they told me that I had only 28 days some told me that I had to leave the country since I do not have a job anymore.

Just to be sure I called lots of immigration advisors. I called at least 40-50 immigration advisors. More than 90% told me the same thing. But three advisors told me to stay and keep appying jobs and I did. I did stay in the country but because of the new point base system and so on I could not find a job. At that time not maybe companies had a license of sponsorship and I had to wait for them to get first.

Between these three month time frame I did not receive any letter from Home Office. I applied morning and night and lost all my savings. I borrowed even more to survive but finally I found a job in April and started to work on the 25th April 2009.

If I could followed the most advisors I could be out of this country and started everything from nill but I did not. I stayed and kept faith in God and applied for Tier 2 and got it.

So after all what I learned:

1.If you loose your job make your best to find a job and apply as many as you possibly can. Unless the Home Office contacts you, try to stay calm and search options but do not leave the country. This is what I have done and worked for me. But yet again this is what I have done. I can not guarentee the same thing will happen to you. If it does not happen please do not keep me accountable for it. Maybe I was lucky, maybe anything but I did want to share it with you.

Experience 2

My wife came to the country as Work permit dependant on the 5th September 2008 and switched her visa in April as Tier 2 dependant. Since I had been in the country almost 5 years and time came for ILR I contacted Home Office again and asked them whether my wife could apply at the same day as I am. First most officers(Maybe 10 times I called) said yes but when I reminded them the rule 319e which explains that my wife has to be in the UK minimum of 2 years in order to be eligible for ILR, they changed their mind and they said she can not apply with me. I asked the same question to Immigration advisors again. Even the three advisors who helped me when I had been redundant, gave me different answers. Some said I can apply after 5 years but she has to wait till September 2010. Others said I can have it on time but she has to apply for FLR(M) first and then ILR so on. All the people I talked was giving me various informations.I was frustrated.

At the end I made a decision to apply for ILR by my self since the new government is in place and things could change rapidly. I made a booking for online and went to Croydon Office. I saw an officer and asked the same question to him whether my wife can apply with me or not.After telling him the all story he said she can apply at the same day I am. So I cancelled my appointment and drove back to my city which is 110 miles away from Croydon. I made another appointment on the phone and got it for the next day in Croydon again.

Next day me and my wife went there and produced all the documents they require. They asked all the info below:

1.P60-five years
2.Employer letters.
3.Bank statements-last three months.
4.Previous employer reference letters which shows your start and end date.(I was not expecting this since it did not say that in the form. I am Tier 2 but I was on work permit before. That's why maybe)
5.Passports
6.Pictures.
7.Pay slips-last three months
8.Life in UK test results
9.Police registration certificates
10.Previous passports

After submitting all the documents we waited in the waiting area which is very comfortable and got our ILR for me and for my wife. We got our fredom now:::))))))

1.If you have any question to ask don't call Home Office number. Go direcly one of the public enquiry office and ask the question directly and get the name of the person as a reference. If the answer you received is satisfactory book your appointment in this office since you can use as a reference.

2.Do not trust anyone other that the immigration officer that you have seen in the public enquiry office. Listen what the officers and advisors say and challenge them since I did and most of them failed.

3.Pray and keep your faith in God. Ask, search and question everything, anything.

Any question you have please ask me, I will try to help you as much as I can.

P.S: I was Kagan in the forum before but I lost my password so this is my second name in this forum.

I hope the information I provided will help some people. Please and please if it helps you I am the most happy person but if it does not work please do not keep me accountable. I wanted to share and give you a hope which you have lost maybe along the way or give you confidence to go ahead.

Kagan

Markie

Re: ILR Process-My Learnings-Tier 2 and Work Permit Holders!

Post by Markie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:39 pm

very informative. I hope others can learn from this personal experience.
kagan 1 wrote:Hi to all,

I would like to share my experiences with all of you.

Experience 1

I come to UK on the 20th June 2005 as a work permit holder. In 2009 January I had been redundant and till April 2009 I could not find a job. Within these three months(January 2009-April 2009) I called Home Office numereous times and they told me that my stay has been curtailed and I had to leave the country. Some officers they told me that I had only 28 days some told me that I had to leave the country since I do not have a job anymore.

Just to be sure I called lots of immigration advisors. I called at least 40-50 immigration advisors. More than 90% told me the same thing. But three advisors told me to stay and keep appying jobs and I did. I did stay in the country but because of the new point base system and so on I could not find a job. At that time not maybe companies had a license of sponsorship and I had to wait for them to get first.

Between these three month time frame I did not receive any letter from Home Office. I applied morning and night and lost all my savings. I borrowed even more to survive but finally I found a job in April and started to work on the 25th April 2009.

If I could followed the most advisors I could be out of this country and started everything from nill but I did not. I stayed and kept faith in God and applied for Tier 2 and got it.

1.If you loose your job make your best to find a job and apply as many as you possibly can. Unless the Home Office contacts you, try to stay calm and search options but do not leave the country. This is what I have done and worked for me. But yet again this is what I have done. I can not guarentee the same thing will happen to you. If it does not happen please do not keep me accountable for it. Maybe I was lucky, maybe anything but I did want to share it with you.

Experience 2

My wife came to the country as Work permit dependant on the 5th September 2008 and switched her visa in April as Tier 2 dependant. Since I had been in the country almost 5 years and time came for ILR I contacted Home Office again and asked them whether my wife could apply at the same day as I am. First most officers(Maybe 10 times I called) said yes but when I reminded them the rule 319e which explains that my wife has to be in the UK minimum of 2 years in order to be eligible for ILR, they changed their mind and they said she can not apply with me. I asked the same question to Immigration advisors again. Even the three advisors who helped me when I had been redundant, gave me different answers. Some said I can apply after 5 years but she has to wait till September 2010. Others said I can have it on time but she has to apply for FLR(M) first and then ILR so on. All the people I talked was giving me various informations.I was frustrated.

At the end I made a decision to apply for ILR by my self since the new government is in place and things could change rapidly. I made a booking for online and went to Croydon Office. I saw an officer and asked the same question to him whether my wife can apply with me or not.After telling him the all story he said she can apply at the same day I am. So I cancelled my appointment and drove back to my city which is 110 miles away from Croydon. I made another appointment on the phone and got it for the next day in Croydon again.

Next day me and my wife went there and produced all the documents they require. They asked all the info below:

1.P60-five years
2.Employer letters.
3.Bank statements-last three months.
4.Previous employer reference letters which shows your start and end date.(I was not expecting this since it did not say that in the form. I am Tier 2 but I was on work permit before. That's why maybe)
5.Passports
6.Pictures.
7.Pay slips-last three months
8.Life in UK test results
9.Police registration certificates
10.Previous passports

After submitting all the documents we waited in the waiting area which is very comfortable and got our ILR for me and for my wife. We got our fredom now:::))))))

1.If you have any question to ask don't call Home Office number. Go direcly one of the public enquiry office and ask the question directly and get the name of the person as a reference. If the answer you received is satisfactory book your appointment in this office since you can use as a reference.

2.Do not trust anyone other that the immigration officer that you have seen in the public enquiry office. Listen what the officers and advisors say and challenge them since I did and most of them failed.

3.Pray and keep your faith in God. Ask, search and question everything, anything.

Any question you have please ask me, I will try to help you as much as I can.

P.S: I was Kagan in the forum before but I lost my password so this is my second name in this forum.

I hope the information I provided will help some people. Please and please if it helps you I am the most happy person but if it does not work please do not keep me accountable. I wanted to share and give you a hope which you have lost maybe along the way or give you confidence to go ahead.

Kagan

kagan 1
Newly Registered

Post by kagan 1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks Markie. I know it is a bit long to read but I hope it will bring a light to some people's lifes.

Jas78
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by Jas78 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Thanks for taking the time to share ur experience with the forum.
Congrats mate!!

raghu_tallam

Post by raghu_tallam » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Really appreciate for taking time to post your experiences, Kagan.

kagan 1
Newly Registered

Post by kagan 1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:08 pm

I am so happy that 126 people read the post.

I hope it might help others as well.

Me2Happy
Newly Registered

Post by Me2Happy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Congrats for your ILR after all hard work. I am also in a same boat like you.

If you don’t mind , can I ask you a question about P60 ?

If there are some gap in the employment, how did you get P60, for all years ?

This may help me to overcome my issue reg P60.

Many Thanks in Advance

kagan 1
Newly Registered

Post by kagan 1 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 am

I had one of my p60 was missing as well. I called my previous company and asked for it but they could not provide it. So I contacted HMRC and asked them whether they can provide any substitute or anything similar and they did.

They called this as "Employment History". On this form there are columns like PAYE Reference/Pay/Tax/Start Date/End Date. You make sure tell them that you need all this information/data on this letter.

I had one of the letter with me when I went to Croydon and they accepted it. But bare in mind that it takes good 1-2 weeks to get one. Never leave it to last minute.

I hope it will help everyone as well.

Me2Happy
Newly Registered

Post by Me2Happy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks for the update. This will be a helpful.

Can I ask you one more question ? Have you had any more break (Employment) in the HMRC letter. Has anybody asked about the gap ? How did you mange the situation. ?

I too have some gaps between one employer to the other. So your advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks

kagan 1
Newly Registered

Post by kagan 1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:54 am

unless they ask do not mention about the gaps. i had a gap of 3 months. they did not notice maybe I don't know.

i gave the forms they requested and that's all I have done.

act cool and be happy.

at the end if all works you are fine.

Me2Happy
Newly Registered

Post by Me2Happy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Many Thanks for your comments.

I try to search for the contact details to request for the employment history. I did find the address and they are asking me to write a letter to this address. Can you kindly confirm, if you have contacted the same add for your letter.

If you have contacted a diff address, can you share it with me ?

Thanks in Advance

H M Revenue & Customs
Customer Operations
National Insurance Contributions Office
Special Section A
Room BP1002A
Benton Park View
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE98 1ZZ

kagan 1
Newly Registered

Post by kagan 1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 am

Hi,

I never wrote them a letter. I called them and asked them to send me the letter.

You better give a call and try to get it sorted on the phone and give me as a sample. If they sent it to me after a phone conversation why not you?

If one operator asks you to write do not give up and call the same number/different numbers different times and talk to different operators and get it sorted.

And after all if nothing changes write them three to four letters since one might be getting lost but four can not be.

Special delivery is must not the recorded delivery. I guess you pay 5.05 for that.

I hope it will help.

Kagan

Me2Happy
Newly Registered

Post by Me2Happy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Thanks for the update.
kagan 1 wrote:Hi,

I never wrote them a letter. I called them and asked them to send me the letter.

You better give a call and try to get it sorted on the phone and give me as a sample. If they sent it to me after a phone conversation why not you?

If one operator asks you to write do not give up and call the same number/different numbers different times and talk to different operators and get it sorted.

And after all if nothing changes write them three to four letters since one might be getting lost but four can not be.

Special delivery is must not the recorded delivery. I guess you pay 5.05 for that.

I hope it will help.

Kagan