ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Gap in the Visa - will it impact me

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashvar123

ILR - Gap in the Visa - will it impact me

Post by ashvar123 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Query on ILR -

My history
>> Came to UK on Work Permit in Feb 2006 was here for complete 2 years till March 2008

>> though I had visa validity till Jan 2009, on my parent company deputation, went India to apply for a Schengen Business Visa

>> went to Netherlands (total period March 2008 to MaY 2008)

>> after returning to India got my leg operation and hence had to stay till end of July

>>Returned to UK in July 2008 and continued till end of JAN 2009

>> My Visa expiry was on Feb 2 2009, because I had not got chance to apply FLR as I need to go for my marriage, I went to India by end of JAN 2009 got married and applied for WOrk Permit ICT (along with my wife).

>> Work Permit ICT applied in March 2009 and returned to UK in March.

Not sure if i am still eligible, please let me know if it is really worth thinking of ILR under theese circumstances.

-Ash

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: ILR - Gap in the Visa - will it impact me

Post by senthil78 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:19 pm

ashvar123 wrote:Query on ILR -

My history
>> Came to UK on Work Permit in Feb 2006 was here for complete 2 years till March 2008

>> though I had visa validity till Jan 2009, on my parent company deputation, went India to apply for a Schengen Business Visa

>> went to Netherlands (total period March 2008 to MaY 2008)

>> after returning to India got my leg operation and hence had to stay till end of July

>>Returned to UK in July 2008 and continued till end of JAN 2009

>> My Visa expiry was on Feb 2 2009, because I had not got chance to apply FLR as I need to go for my marriage, I went to India by end of JAN 2009 got married and applied for WOrk Permit ICT (along with my wife).

>> Work Permit ICT applied in March 2009 and returned to UK in March.

Not sure if i am still eligible, please let me know if it is really worth thinking of ILR under theese circumstances.

-Ash
You have clear break in your residence if you count from Feb 2006.