ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success- Croyden PEO 9/6/10

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PK
- thin ice -

ILR Success- Croyden PEO 9/6/10

Post by PK » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi

Guys Happy after success of my ILR at croydon under HSMP JR
It was ok but not smooth#

Long wait for Initial screening. Lady was very serious at first but the I broke the Ice by asking about her throat ( she was coughing and I recomended Halls,.... Sounds funny but it worked) then we had a little chat and she checked all my previous addresses and confirmed It.

She wrote 1st floor on my token number and after paying fees while I was waiting on 1st floor my number was called and another lady said that some one is waiting at second floor for me and gave the counter number and told me go straight to the case worker.

I rushed and panicked a bit. The case worker was an old lady ( asian origin) and said give documents to support your application.

I gave her:
Application
3 months bank statement
3 pay slips
Previous HSMP and Tier 1 letter from HO
All P-60
Photo
she still kept staring at me( and said take a seat, Not polite at all and In a low tone)

I then gave her letter from HMRC which I requested.

She asked are you working? I said Yes

She kept on typing on her screen and after about 15 mins said Do u have more payslips. I said I have all the payslips including 2009. I gave all the payslips from 2009. she then asked do u have a letter from employer. ( I gave it to her)

I think she said everything is Ok in a low voice ( I didnt ask if my application was successful)
after photocopying averything she said can I have payslips from 2007. I asked how many do u need, to which she replied about 3. I put my payslips in the document tray which she never bothered to pick up and never looked at it.

After about 40 mins she gave all the originals ( except employers letter)said Its Ok collect passport after 2 hrs. I again asked her if my application is successful, she didnt reply.

Went to shopping mall ( had good Breakfast). But in my mind still had doubts. Went in UKBA building afetr 1:30mins and my number was called within 5 mins and got my passport with ILR.... Hurray I was relieved.

Overall it was OK but the case worker was not really helpful or polite.

Have all the documents ready guys and you will be fine...

shs213

Re: ILR Success- Croyden PEO 9/6/10

Post by shs213 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:45 pm

PK wrote:Hi

Guys Happy after success of my ILR at croydon under HSMP JR
It was ok but not smooth#

Long wait for Initial screening. Lady was very serious at first but the I broke the Ice by asking about her throat ( she was coughing and I recomended Halls,.... Sounds funny but it worked) then we had a little chat and she checked all my previous addresses and confirmed It.

She wrote 1st floor on my token number and after paying fees while I was waiting on 1st floor my number was called and another lady said that some one is waiting at second floor for me and gave the counter number and told me go straight to the case worker.

I rushed and panicked a bit. The case worker was an old lady ( asian origin) and said give documents to support your application.

I gave her:
Application
3 months bank statement
3 pay slips
Previous HSMP and Tier 1 letter from HO
All P-60
Photo
she still kept staring at me( and said take a seat, Not polite at all and In a low tone)

I then gave her letter from HMRC which I requested.

She asked are you working? I said Yes

She kept on typing on her screen and after about 15 mins said Do u have more payslips. I said I have all the payslips including 2009. I gave all the payslips from 2009. she then asked do u have a letter from employer. ( I gave it to her)

I think she said everything is Ok in a low voice ( I didnt ask if my application was successful)
after photocopying averything she said can I have payslips from 2007. I asked how many do u need, to which she replied about 3. I put my payslips in the document tray which she never bothered to pick up and never looked at it.

After about 40 mins she gave all the originals ( except employers letter)said Its Ok collect passport after 2 hrs. I again asked her if my application is successful, she didnt reply.

Went to shopping mall ( had good Breakfast). But in my mind still had doubts. Went in UKBA building afetr 1:30mins and my number was called within 5 mins and got my passport with ILR.... Hurray I was relieved.

Overall it was OK but the case worker was not really helpful or polite.

Have all the documents ready guys and you will be fine...
May be you should have recommended Red bull to the case worker :D

Glad all worked out well in the end...

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Congratulations! Great news.

Can I just ask what letter you requested from HMRC. My husband is due to put his ILR in soon and I need a few more important docs. I would be grateful if you could let me know what letter you recieved from HMRC.

Many thanks

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 pm

I called HMRC and asked them to send my employment history. I asked them to include gross salary , tax paid, start date and end date for each tax year..

Hope this helps

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Please let me know a bit more about the HMRC document as well.

1) How long before the due ILR should one contact HMRC for letter, is there a charge for this letter.

2) I have changed employment couple of times, hoping HMRC will base info on NI number

3) Would be grateful if you can detail the rough format of the HMRC letter

4) Is there a form number/request id (eg P60/45 like number) for this letter - or just should I just ask I need a letter detailing tax paid from 2005 onwards...

Really appreciate your help in this regards, and BIG CONGRATS!!!

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:45 am

1.) Contact HMRC 4 weeks before your ILR to be on safe side

2.) First thing HMRC will ask you is NI number

3.) there is no format just ring them ( you can find number on HMRC website, find number for your local tax office) and its free.

4.) you dont need to send anything by post, just call them, and after verifying your details they will send you a letter.

Hope this helps

PK

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks so much for your reply. Could you just tell them me what you asked HMRC for as when I tried to call them they didn't make it easy for me to get what I wanted!