ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advise please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asubar2002
Newly Registered

advise please

Post by asubar2002 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Hey there, Mike is my name.
I came to the UK 2006 with WHM VISA.
Got married nov 2008, received residence card nov 2009. Valid until 2014.
started working aug2006 till date.
just wish to ask when can i apply for PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:58 pm

You worked all 24 months on WHM visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

asubar2002
Newly Registered

Post by asubar2002 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Wanderer wrote:You worked all 24 months on WHM visa?
YES

asubar2002
Newly Registered

Post by asubar2002 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:05 pm

YES WORKED FROM AUGUST 2006 TILL DATE

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:08 pm

asubar2002 wrote:
YES
You're not allowed to! 12 months only.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Anyway Nov 2013 if no backlash from overworking on a WHM!

What is the status of the EEA National, student, worker or self-sufficient?

asubar2002
Newly Registered

Post by asubar2002 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Wanderer wrote:Anyway Nov 2013 if no backlash from overworking on a WHM!

DUTCH AND WORKER

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 am

Short and sweet, PR in Nov 2013

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:13 am

I believe the clock start counting when they issue the Residence card (Nov 2009).

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 am

Wanderer wrote:!

hi wanderer, can the eea national exercice her treaty right on two status worker and self sufficient
my wife work and the same time she got comprehencive inssurance

please answer.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:38 pm

raoulll wrote:

hi wanderer, can the eea national exercice her treaty right on two status worker and self sufficient

please answer.
No problem with that.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:38 pm

jajanana wrote:I believe the clock start counting when they issue the Residence card (Nov 2009).
Your belief is not correct. :(

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 am

mrlookforward wrote:
raoulll wrote:

please answer.
No problem with that.
thank you for your reply
my situation is more complicated,as my mariage going to the end soon, I scare my wife won't help me with her documents after divorce, that's way i took comprehencive inssurance for both of us(which cover the period of divorce)and as soon as my divorce finalise i apply for retain my right of residence on self sufficient even my x wife keep working.
is it okey with the law :?: and if the HO will accept my application ?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:03 am

Any retention of rights will be based on your wife "exercising treaty rights" during the specified period of retention of rights. What you were doing or what your are going to do in future is irrelevant.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:00 pm

mrlookforward wrote:Any retention of rights will be based on your wife "exercising treaty rights" during the specified period of retention of rights. What you were doing or what your are going to do in future is irrelevant.
i know that,but at the period of retention of right(start divorce till degree absolut) i take comprehencive inssurance cover all this period
and instead i apply on category my x she was working in this period,I apply on category self sufficient in this period.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Are you saying that by taking out this comprehensive insurance, you will claim that you are being self sufficient in your own right?

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 am

mrlookforward wrote:Are you saying that by taking out this comprehensive insurance, you will claim that you are being self sufficient in your own right?
what i'm saying i will claim that my wife being self sufficient in the period of divorce (comprehencive inss+i'm working)it should be alright for retain my right of resident
it's kind of alternative if she won't help me with her documents,and i think is no probleme FOR EEA NATIONAL working and has comprehencive inssurance at same period,in this case she can apply in which category suit her!! :idea:
is it alright with the HO :?: or you can't be in two category at the same time.
any one has clue??
Last edited by raoulll on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:16 am

There is no problem with an eea national exercising treaty rights by working and also self sufficient due to other circumstances at the same time.
But I really doubt that you can claim her to be self sufficient just by providing a comp sickness insurnace. For her being self sufficient (based on your employment and sickness insurance), she must be getting money from you.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:45 am

mrlookforward wrote:There is no problem with an eea national exercising treaty rights by working and also self sufficient due to other circumstances at the same time.
But I really doubt that you can claim her to be self sufficient just by providing a comp sickness insurnace. For her being self sufficient (based on your employment and sickness insurance), she must be getting money from you.
do i have to prove for HO i gave her the money or what
they keep saying befor degree absolut u still couple so i gess as a couple we can claim her to be self sufficient without any prove i gave her money!
my bank statment is the prove about self sufficient, isn't!?.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:21 pm

You might have a point there. I really think that you should take advice from a good advisor who is well clued up about eu law. Its best to deal with this problem in a meticulous planned way.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 pm

raoulll wrote:
mrlookforward wrote:There is no problem with an eea national exercising treaty rights by working and also self sufficient due to other circumstances at the same time.
they keep saying befor degree absolut u still couple so i gess as a couple we can claim her to be self sufficient without any prove i gave her money!
my bank statment is the prove about self sufficient, isn't!?.

anyone else has clue??
come on! any one out there???

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:14 pm

raoulll wrote:
raoulll wrote:
my bank statment is the prove about self sufficient, isn't!?.[/quote

come on! any one out there??

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:55 am

As I said before, rights of retention cases are not the most straightforward cases, and they are best dealt by the help of an advisor. There is no point trying to convince forum members that your plan is going to work. What matters is that your plan should work with home office. If forum members give you a nod to go ahead and put your aruguments to UKBA, then still it doesnt matter, forum members are not going to decide you application.
If you are just trying to take this application totally as a DIY project, then the outcome might not be very favourable to you. You seem like a smart clued up guy. It will be best if you discuss all this with an advisor face to face and take it from there.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:07 am

mrlookforward wrote:As I said before, rights of retention cases are not the most straightforward cases, and they are best dealt by the help of an advisor. There is no point trying to convince forum members that your plan is going to work. What matters is that your plan should work with home office. If forum members give you a nod to go ahead and put your aruguments to UKBA, then still it doesnt matter, forum members are not going to decide you application.
If you are just trying to take this application totally as a DIY project, then the outcome might not be very favourable to you. You seem like a smart clued up guy. It will be best if you discuss all this with an advisor face to face and take it from there.
do you know any advisor can help me with it?