ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still so much to find out!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barney78
Newly Registered

Still so much to find out!!

Post by barney78 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:50 am

Hey to all,
I seem to keep finding conflicting details on what i will need to send to my spouse for her interview for settlement. She has her interview on July 1st in the US so i have just over a week to gather all the bits i need now!

I have copies of:
Mortgage Statements - 6 months
Bank Statements - 6 months
Utility and Council tax bills
Pay slips - 6 months
P60
Passport - (Picture page)
Birth Certificate

Am i missing anything? And more importantly do i need to be sending all the originals for these as well as the copies??
Also should all the copies be attested/notarized? Some sites tell me they should be, others make no mention of it?

I have filled out the sponsorship form and a letter of sponsorship. Will they use the aforementioned documents as proof of accommodation/support or should i include copies with this too?

Also would 3rd party support be viewed as a positive or a negative for the case?

Apologies for all the questions but i am struggling to find the right answers i need and getting stressed due to my wifes impending interview!!
Thank you all for any help.

Philip

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:07 pm

From your other post it is clear that the spouse visa application will be made in the USA? So why are you assuming that there will be an interview? Most visa applications made in the USA do not involve an interview.
John

barney78
Newly Registered

Post by barney78 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 pm

John wrote:From your other post it is clear that the spouse visa application will be made in the USA? So why are you assuming that there will be an interview? Most visa applications made in the USA do not involve an interview.
When she did the online form for herself and the two children it requested booking the interview once the form was complete?

How else would she be able to prove the suitability of my sponsorship/support/accommodation?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 pm

barney78 wrote:
John wrote:From your other post it is clear that the spouse visa application will be made in the USA? So why are you assuming that there will be an interview? Most visa applications made in the USA do not involve an interview.
When she did the online form for herself and the two children it requested booking the interview once the form was complete?

How else would she be able to prove the suitability of my sponsorship/support/accommodation?
There is no interview. Like John said it's biometrics only. She will need to have proof in the form of documents. Even if there was an interview, they wouldn't just take her word for it. She will need to send all of her supporting documents to one of the three visa processing consulates and they will make a deciscion based on everything she provides.
I tell it like it is.

barney78
Newly Registered

Post by barney78 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 am

Thank you both for the replies.
It certainly has cleared up a few issues.
I was hoping for an answer on whether i need to be sending the original documents from myself for her to send to the ECO when her case is reviewed.

Will copies of my passport/payslips/mortgage statements etc be acceptable or will they need the originals as well as copies? And do copies need to be notarized/attested?

Thanks again.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

barney78 wrote:Thank you both for the replies.
It certainly has cleared up a few issues.
I was hoping for an answer on whether i need to be sending the original documents from myself for her to send to the ECO when her case is reviewed.

Will copies of my passport/payslips/mortgage statements etc be acceptable or will they need the originals as well as copies? And do copies need to be notarized/attested?

Thanks again.
Yes she needs the originals. You should keep copies for your own records though.
I tell it like it is.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Don't send your original passport. This can be legally certified along with any other official documents. You need to include original bank statements.