ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hia_123

Re: ILR Application Set(O) HSMP JR Waiting times

Post by Hia_123 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Murat wrote:Dear All,

I have applied for ILR Set(o) JR in Just before CHristmas and received my confirmation letter on 29/12/2009.

I have applied for myself and also 2 dependants and still waiting for my application to be completed.

I would like to know if anybody applied around this time and still waiting ? Or someone who got their passports..

I have called them a couple times in the last weeks and as you will guess it was the same reply which is "not being completed yet"..

I had to cancel all my holiday arrangements for June and still do not have a clue on completion date..

Regards

Murat
From the data points available in this forum, the timeline for HSMP JR is much faster. Even much better than 5 yrs (WP/Tier1/Tier2 etc...). Its usually 4-5 weeks to 10 weeks. I have seen recommendation to contact UKBA through your MP for cases which are taking much longer than expected. If you see the forum, you will find the procedure to contact your MP.

birkinm
Newly Registered

Post by birkinm » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Applied : 18th of January 2010
Confirmation letter: 21 January 2010
Fee deducted: FEE STILL NOT DEDUCTED AS OF 9TH JUNE 2010
Equiry line : called so far total of 8 times since the 14 week mark.

This is beyond the joke!

Straight forward application, follow on from limited leave to remain from unmarried partner, prior to that Working holiday maker. nearly 4 years in total in the uk, and we have been living together for nearly 6.

The worst part is, they cant even begin to start proccessing it until the FEE is deducted!

Tarantulo
Newly Registered

Post by Tarantulo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:46 pm

received ack letter today.............after 7-8 weeks of awaiting.

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi birkinm sorry to hear about your problem. when you phoned them up, what did they say about the fees not being deducted from your account?
birkinm wrote:Applied : 18th of January 2010
Confirmation letter: 21 January 2010
Fee deducted: FEE STILL NOT DEDUCTED AS OF 9TH JUNE 2010
Equiry line : called so far total of 8 times since the 14 week mark.

This is beyond the joke!

Straight forward application, follow on from limited leave to remain from unmarried partner, prior to that Working holiday maker. nearly 4 years in total in the uk, and we have been living together for nearly 6.

The worst part is, they cant even begin to start proccessing it until the FEE is deducted!

superstar

Post by superstar » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:32 pm

@birkinm
it's so strange that UKBA not taking money sometime it makes me worry too cos I sent mine(set(o) on 10 years student) about 4.5 weeks ago
AK letter received after 2days, but didn't take money and still checking my bank account every day. it looks like now that they don't even want money from us. :(

s.chai
Newly Registered

Post by s.chai » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Currently on a spouse visa
Applied: Wednesday 09.06.2010
Got delivered on: 10.06.2010 by special delivery next day

*Still have not yet received ack letter :'(
*Also they have not yet taken £840 from my bank a/c
Its only been like 2 days but I am being paranoid already

s.chai
Newly Registered

Post by s.chai » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:13 am

Update!
Money has been taken out according to my printed balance from a local ATM.
Monday 14th June: Received ack letter
Last edited by s.chai on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nmkpidelta
Newly Registered

Any new Postal Visa Success?

Post by nmkpidelta » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Hia_123 and others, any new recent SET O postal successes? My ack letter is dated 15 Feb - still no update - wonder what is UKBA upto?

Hia_123

Re: Any new Postal Visa Success?

Post by Hia_123 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 pm

nmkpidelta wrote:Hia_123 and others, any new recent SET O postal successes? My ack letter is dated 15 Feb - still no update - wonder what is UKBA upto?
Hi,

No update from my end as well (acknowldgement letter dated 3rd Mar10). I am confused & totally frustrated with this wait. Also recently I don't see any good news coming through in this forum as well. Is it some kind of problem with UKBA? Probably UKBA is struggling with the high number of applications received just prior to the changes implemented from 6th Apr10 or they may be treating the applications recd before 6th Apr with less priritity. Just guesses....no answers. If u call UKBA, they will only say "not completed yet, please continue to wait. We complete 95% appliactions within six months". So no hope in calling as well. Its most unfortunate...........

sirnet
Newly Registered

Re: Any new Postal Visa Success?

Post by sirnet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 am

SUCCCSS :)

Application TYPE: SET(O) JR [with One dependent]
Application submitted: 27 March 2010
Payment Method: Banker Draft*
Ack. Letter : 30th March 2010
Doc received with ILR : 11th June 2010

TOTAL WAITING TIME: 10.85 Weeks

[Note for new applicants]
* From my experience Banker Draft should not be a preferred method of payment because you can't see that payment gone through or , if any problem with the banker draft your might have a bit more waiting time, Though I didnt have problem with the banker draft. [I can explain further if anybody need any assistance on that.]

haych10

Post by haych10 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Applied for my husbands ILR : 25th May 2010
Home Office receievd Application by : 26th May 2010
Money taken out from account: 28th May
Acknow letter receievd : 1 week later.
ILR passport received this morning 14th June 2010.

WHOO HOO everyone i thought i'll just let you know. we also applied by post but it went through really fast. They provided an excellent service I think.

good luck to all of you.

xxx

birkinm
Newly Registered

Post by birkinm » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 pm

partner got a package today with all of the documents returned, application being rejected. On the explanation note, reason being on the wrong form....

Called them, and this was the correct form when the application was received in january however now they have changed the forms and want it resubmiting with then new one... Soooooo &££^^G angry, 6 months down the drain for nothing!

Maybe I can write to the local mp or something. In the mean time, there has been no guidence as to what my partner can do in regards to her work since her 2 year tempory leave to remain expired in febuary.

OMG what a cluster the british home office is!

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:36 pm

birkinm wrote:partner got a package today with all of the documents returned, application being rejected. On the explanation note, reason being on the wrong form....

Called them, and this was the correct form when the application was received in january however now they have changed the forms and want it resubmiting with then new one... Soooooo &££^^G angry, 6 months down the drain for nothing!

Maybe I can write to the local mp or something. In the mean time, there has been no guidence as to what my partner can do in regards to her work since her 2 year tempory leave to remain expired in febuary.

Wow!! I don't understand how they could possibly reject an application that was sent using the correct form. Did they at least tell you to send the application directly to a caseworker rather than the the main Durham application center?! UKBA staff are increasingly acting strangely...this is quite scary :shock:

kristyh
Newly Registered

Also waiting

Post by kristyh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi - I have been reading the posts on this forum for awhile as I grow ever more impatient with waiting for my visa :x
Biggest regret is not using the premium service, especially as now with cancelled holidays I will be losing more money than the extra £200 fee.
But thought it was about time I gave my statistics too.
I have applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain using SET (O) from an Ancestry visa. Even more frustrating my current visa had 3 years to go - it was extended 2 years ago. I don't even need this, I just wanted to get it now so I can apply for citizenship in 12 mths time.
I sent my application around 24th March
Acknowledgment letter is dated 26th March
Money was taken almost immediately (typically)
Have heard nothing - will be 12 weeks on Thursday.
I would never have sent it at this time if I knew I would be without my passport all summer. All I can do is hope I only have another 2-3 week wait.
Quick question though - does anyone know if we require biometrics (fingerprints etc) for the ILR visa? I'm worried if so that will add even more time on.
Good luck to all
Kristy

Hia_123

Post by Hia_123 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 pm

birkinm wrote:partner got a package today with all of the documents returned, application being rejected. On the explanation note, reason being on the wrong form....

Really sorry to hear this. The news is scary....

From your post of 9th June it looks like the payment was not taken for the application. Is it still the case or they have taken the payment and rejected? Have you been given an option to appeal?

alie85
Newly Registered

Post by alie85 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 pm

superstar wrote:
alie85 wrote:
alie85 wrote:Passport sent to Home office via Royal mail: 13/05/2010
Acknowledgement received: 14/05/2010
No money has been taken from account yet

Still waiting.....
still waiting but no money has been taken of the account yet .
hi alie85
your money has been taken yet or not? because i also applied mine on 10years long residency on 11/05/10 acknowledgement letter received after two days but still waiting for money to be taken :?
called home office today and the payment hasnt gone through, and she asked me to send a cheque to the address she gave me .another thing the advisor said 65% of applications will be dealt with between 4 weeks time .

superstar

Post by superstar » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:00 pm

@alie85
did they give you croydon address or Liverpool address??

FFF
Newly Registered

FFF

Post by FFF » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi. Realy difficult to understand waiting time for ILR here ! Please put below yours sample,with yours category , but shortly - without comments.THANKS for everybody !!

birkinm
Newly Registered

Post by birkinm » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Hia_123 wrote:

Really sorry to hear this. The news is scary....

From your post of 9th June it looks like the payment was not taken for the application. Is it still the case or they have taken the payment and rejected? Have you been given an option to appeal?

We have re-applied today with the new form and a 3 page complaint letter stating the 3-4 clauses from their guidence policy that they have not followed, its understandable that they have alot of applications but 6 months on and no communication from them what so ever in regards to any problems. My partner has called them twice a week from the 13week mark to get progress updates from them with always the same, Yeah its still being proccessed. She actually called them last thursday the 10th of june, and was told that it was still being proccessed, even though unknown to us it had been posted back to us and deemed invalid on the 8th. The letter has the 8th dated on it so all this has been put in the complaint letter thats been sent to the local mp, the local chancelor, the head case worker, and several high ranking judges and privy council members who my partner deals with at work.

The main outcome we want from the complaint letter is for the case worker to uses their "discression" an back date the new application to the old one. so my partners status does not change, because at the moment she has been dumped in that grey zone the home office likes not to publically talk about..

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:58 pm

birkinm wrote:
We have re-applied today with the new form and a 3 page complaint letter stating the 3-4 clauses from their guidence policy that they have not followed, its understandable that they have alot of applications but 6 months on and no communication from them what so ever in regards to any problems. My partner has called them twice a week from the 13week mark to get progress updates from them with always the same, Yeah its still being proccessed. She actually called them last thursday the 10th of june, and was told that it was still being proccessed, even though unknown to us it had been posted back to us and deemed invalid on the 8th.
I'm really sorry to hear this. But this just goes to show that calling the UKBA progress enquiry line is useless. They really either do not know what actually goes on with the caseworkers or they are prohibited from giving information about the real status of an application.

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:48 am

their response is too generic at which calling them is a waste of time.

[quote="BeigeI'm really sorry to hear this. But this just goes to show that calling the UKBA progress enquiry line is useless. They really either do not know what actually goes on with the caseworkers or they are prohibited from giving information about the real status of an application.[/quote]

Robinandirina
Newly Registered

Post by Robinandirina » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:19 am

Timeline for my wife's ILR so far:

Fiancee visa December 2007
Arrived UK 27/12/07
Married 10/03/08
2 year FLR visa 16/04/08
Acquired job (ongoing) October 2008
Life in UK test passed March 2010
Application SET(M) sent 25/03/10
Acknowledgement letter received 31/03/10
No fee yet taken from VISA card (worrying...!!!)
Still waiting...
Sad

This should be a perfectly straightforward application.

birkinm
Newly Registered

Post by birkinm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:37 am

Robinandirina wrote:Timeline for my wife's ILR so far:

Fiancee visa December 2007
Arrived UK 27/12/07
Married 10/03/08
2 year FLR visa 16/04/08
Acquired job (ongoing) October 2008
Life in UK test passed March 2010
Application SET(M) sent 25/03/10
Acknowledgement letter received 31/03/10
No fee yet taken from VISA card (worrying...!!!)
Still waiting...
Sad

This should be a perfectly straightforward application.
I would call the number on the acnowlegment letter and ask for the address for the payment section, and write to them, because as we learnt, they cant even begin proccessing it until the fee has been taken out.

we submitted our application first class on tuesday 15/6/10 afternoon, royal mail delivered it on wednesday 16/6/10, Fee also deducted 2pm on 16/6/10 and letter 2nd acnowlegment letter received on 18/6/10.

Hopefully they are hauling mule this time with our application after their chicken up last time.

Robinandirina
Newly Registered

Post by Robinandirina » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 am

birkinm wrote:
I would call the number on the acnowlegment letter and ask for the address for the payment section, and write to them, because as we learnt, they cant even begin proccessing it until the fee has been taken out.
If we have heard nothing by 14 weeks (in less than 2 weeks time) I will contact them. Acknowledgment letter said very clearly NOT to contact until 14 weeks has passed.

salimsabu
Newly Registered

ILR-waiting...and ...waiting....

Post by salimsabu » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Any updtaes from people applied for ILR in march based on SET(O) application. I am in 15th week waiting and I called home office, they said it is under processing.....how long do they need??????

Hia any updates from your side