ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and CCJ

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sarah_Jane
Newly Registered

Naturalisation and CCJ

Post by Sarah_Jane » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi,
Does anyone now if i will have a problem when applying for Naturalisation if i have had a CCJ about 9 years ago?

Thanks!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation and CCJ

Post by mrlookforward » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:58 am

Sarah_Jane wrote:Hi,
Does anyone now if i will have a problem when applying for Naturalisation if i have had a CCJ about 9 years ago?

Thanks!
No effect at all and doesnt need to be declared. I assume that you paid the money and its not outstanding.

Sarah_Jane
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation and CCJ

Post by Sarah_Jane » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:15 am

mrlookforward wrote:
Sarah_Jane wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
No effect at all and doesnt need to be declared. I assume that you paid the money and its not outstanding.
Yes, paid it off then, within the time limit. Everything is clear, but on the AN form for Naturalisation it says ALL CCJs have to be written down. If the credit checked me, they will find out anyway. And if they are not recorded they will prosecute!!! Am I correct in thinking that???

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:57 pm

NO, your understanding is not correct. They ask you to list all unspent convictions (read the form AN carefully). Court fines get spent in 5 years, hence no need to disclose. If a ccj was made and an applicant pays it off quickly then it doesnt attract a spent period anyway.

You are totally clear. You do not need to even declare that ccj. Stop worrying and apply for you BC. :D

Sarah_Jane
Newly Registered

Post by Sarah_Jane » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:13 pm

mrlookforward wrote:NO, your understanding is not correct. They ask you to list all unspent convictions (read the form AN carefully). Court fines get spent in 5 years, hence no need to disclose. If a ccj was made and an applicant pays it off quickly then it doesnt attract a spent period anyway.

You are totally clear. You do not need to even declare that ccj. Stop worrying and apply for you BC. :D
Thank you for the explanation! Much appreciated!