ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Job Search from India

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vm.explore
Newly Registered

UK Job Search from India

Post by vm.explore » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Hello All,
I'm a new user to this community and this is my first post.
My Self a software engineer with more than 5 yrs of experience in India.
I'm thinking of seeking of job in UK. I've a lot of questions actually.

1) Will it be possible to look out for job in UK while i'm in India only ( Can i attend the interview from here itself - may be phone call ?) ? if so , can you please let me know how ?
2) Is it something like , we need to have HSMP or any equivalent visa , then only we can even think about a job in UK OR the comapny which we applied , say for example if we selected , will take care of our visa process as well ?
3) what should be the minimum salary , i should be getting to live an average life in UK and to save money as well :-) ?

Thanks in advance.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:57 pm

2) Is it something like , we need to have HSMP or any equivalent visa , then only we can even think about a job in UK OR the comapny which we applied , say for example if we selected , will take care of our visa process as well ?
You need to do your homework before posing a question like this. All the answers are available in the forum.

Shepherd

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 pm

For a money-saving-life-changing experience which is on "Sale" in UK for Indian IT, please use the search option provided on this forum.

Thank you.

kenfrapin

Re: UK Job Search from India

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm

vm.explore wrote:.....

1) Will it be possible to look out for job in UK while i'm in India only ( Can i attend the interview from here itself - may be phone call ?) ? if so , can you please let me know how ?
3) what should be the minimum salary , i should be getting to live an average life in UK and to save money as well :-) ?
I am quite jobless watching the Germans kill the Aussies, so heres my very quick answer
1. NO
2. YES, you will be laughed at if you apply for a job when dont have the right to work here in the first place. Company giving visas....ha ha....NO
3. NO,I refuse to answer it and YES, you will get some salary based on your own potential so NEVER expect a proper answer for this. And, no amount of money is ever enough - you can survive with even £20k but dont we all want atleast £200k???

Search the forum dude - becoming a member just to post a question is not the right way to go.....you have even more difficult things ahead than hitting a SEARCH button here if you are even serious about coming to the UK

KP

gd_Shepherd

Re: UK Job Search from India

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:48 pm

you have even more difficult things ahead than hitting a SEARCH button here if you are even serious about coming to the UK
KP
Spot on. Hope new posters take some time off to search the archives of the forum.

Shepherd