ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living costs..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barney78
Newly Registered

Living costs..

Post by barney78 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey everyone,
First post, scary! My wife is currently applying for her spouse visa in the USA to come here and live with me, we're working through the form together and it asks for my 'living costs'.
My question is how detailed do i need to be on this?
I'll include mortgage/Council Tax/Utilities of course but do i need to go as far as all insurances, car costs, food bills, phone bills etc?

Just wondering which they would prefer?

Thanks in advance. This is mind boggling stuff sometime! Hehe

Phil

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Living costs..

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 am

barney78 wrote:Hey everyone,
First post, scary! My wife is currently applying for her spouse visa in the USA to come here and live with me, we're working through the form together and it asks for my 'living costs'.
My question is how detailed do i need to be on this?
I'll include mortgage/Council Tax/Utilities of course but do i need to go as far as all insurances, car costs, food bills, phone bills etc?

Just wondering which they would prefer?

Thanks in advance. This is mind boggling stuff sometime! Hehe

Phil
Living costs are your rent, counil tax, and debt repayments. From this they'll see if you have enough left over (as much as or more than a couple would recieve in benefits).
I tell it like it is.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Phil, when you say you are working through the form, you do realise that it needs to be an online application?
John

barney78
Newly Registered

Post by barney78 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:26 pm

John wrote:Phil, when you say you are working through the form, you do realise that it needs to be an online application?
Yeah she has applied for herself and the two children online and payed that way too. This is when she set up the interviews for them all on July 1st at her closest office.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Are you sure it is an interview? Or is it just for the biometrics?
John

barney78
Newly Registered

Post by barney78 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm

I was under the impression that this is when she would 'plead' our case, that this is a real relationship too..? Otherwise how else and when else would we do this?
I was expecting the biometrics to be done there too.

If this is not the case then for what am i gathering all these documents to send to her?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:33 pm

I think the proof of this is that whilst there are quite a few biometric centres in the USA, but visa decisions are only made in one of three Consulates.

Expect there to be no interview, and merely biometrics done. In particular :-
To apply for a UK visa starting on 3 December 2007, follow these steps:

1. Fill out the online application and pay online. You will then be able to make an appointment for biometrics immediately afterwards. After you make the biometrics appointment, print out your application, payment confirmation, and biometrics appointment confirmation.

2. Go to your biometrics appointment on the scheduled day and time to have your fingerscans and photographs taken. Bring your appointment confirmation and your passport to the appointment.

3. After your biometric appointment, send the paper copy of your visa application plus all supporting documents to the consulate. You cannot submit your documents before you have your biometrics taken, but your documents must reach the consulate within 2 weeks after your biometrics appointment.
John

barney78
Newly Registered

Post by barney78 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Okay. Thank you for clearing that up for us John.
Would you know about the details of my other queries, sending original documents, getting copied attested/notarized etc?

Thanks again.