ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing job during HSMP (tier 1) extension processing

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpquestion
Newly Registered

Changing job during HSMP (tier 1) extension processing

Post by hsmpquestion » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi

I sent my application for HSMP extension into Tier 1 on 7th June, 2010. The fees has been deducted and HO has sent me a letter confirming receipt of applicaiton.

I have been with my current employer ever since I came to this country, so salary slips, statement of earning, P60 etc are all from Current employer. To show UK experience I also attached a letter of employment from my current employer. All very well till now.

Complication is that - I have been offerd a job by another employer. The job prospects are excellent and I have made up my mind to take it up. However, can resigning from my current employer have an un-favourable impact on my applicaiton? Should I wait to get the result back or should I go ahead? My next employer is happy to get me a work permit but ideally i would like to not jeapaordize my Tier 1 visa, at all!

I could not see a clause preventing job change in extension guidance notes and in principal HSMP never ties you to a particular employer. I searched this forum for a similar problem and could only locate a very old post and not sure if the answer is still valid. BUT In the decalaration section of HSMP I can see that
If there is a material change in my circumstances or any new information relevant to my application becomes available before it is decided, I will inform the UK Border Agency.
Can the experts on this forum please help me out? The job is the one I have been working to get for years and it'd be a shame if I have to let go of it due to an application being processed.

Also - even if I resign tomorrow, I will be serving a notice period of 30 days, which means that within the next 30 days I will still be an employee of my current employer.

Thanks in advance

hsmpquestion
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpquestion » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Hello Seniors - any advice guys??

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Should be fine. No relation between your extension and new offer you are planning to take after submission of application.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 am

your application considers your past earnings so anything after the application shouldn't really affect your application.
Goodluck.