ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:09 pm

kaidee wrote:88% at Mirpur 8) Today is working day 24 for me (not including the Bank Holiday)

Waiting sucks! But, alhamdulillah, it is something you have to go through and on that note I'd just like to share this:
Aaaah, the good 'ol invisible, anonymous and explanation free edit... :roll: A worthy reminder in and of itself...
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Q4sim wrote:Hey everyone,

Should the applicant attach their CV to a spouse visa application if they have not had any history of work?.
You don't really need to provide your CV.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Anyone else submitted their visa app last week of April

Post by Bj Touch » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Salaam all,

Is there anyone else who submitted their application in the last week of April so we can track/compare progress. InshAllah we will hopefully all get our successful decisions in the same period..look forward to any responses in eager anticipation.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 pm

yoda121 wrote:I think there will be heavy delays from now on due to the english test announcement, IMO they will be inundated with applications.
English language test has not been implemented yet so at the moment i assume that the current trend of 8-10 weeks will continue untill such time when the test will be must to submit along with your application just like a TB test which is compulsory. :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Q4sim

8.6.7 - Do you intend to work in the UK

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 pm

"8.6.7 - Do you intend to work in the UK"

My wife intends to come to the UK to live me with me. The next step would be to possibly study before she considers working. What would the safest thing be to write here?

RHussain07

Re: Anyone else submitted their visa app last week of April

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Bj Touch wrote:Salaam all,

Is there anyone else who submitted their application in the last week of April so we can track/compare progress. InshAllah we will hopefully all get our successful decisions in the same period..look forward to any responses in eager anticipation.
Salam.
I submitted at start of May but not heard anything yet. insha ALLAH im hoping for something soon.

When did your status change to 'App under process at BHC'?

Have they contacted your employer?

RHussain07

Re: 8.6.7 - Do you intend to work in the UK

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Q4sim wrote:"8.6.7 - Do you intend to work in the UK"

My wife intends to come to the UK to live me with me. The next step would be to possibly study before she considers working. What would the safest thing be to write here?
Safe would be to write no

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:02 pm

RHussain07 wrote:

Batleykhan, your views on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Re: Anyone else submitted their visa app last week of April

Post by Bj Touch » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:14 pm

RHussain07 wrote:
Bj Touch wrote:Salaam all,

Salam.
I submitted at start of May but not heard anything yet. insha ALLAH im hoping for something soon.

When did your status change to 'App under process at BHC'?

Have they contacted your employer?
Nope not contacted my employer, although they rang me but I was in a meeting, they have not called back so no idea on the status, its been 2 weeks. It changed to application under process on May 13th, I think. Is there anybody else out there who missed their call, I never got a callback despite chasing them up.

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:30 pm

My wife submitted her application 20/04/2010, and status change on the 12/05/10 to say it is being processed.

My workplace got a call on 07/06/10 from UKBA confirming I work there...

So InshAllah this coming week I am hoping to hear something...

8 weeks have passed, I am aware there are others like me who have the same time frames, would love to hear any news.

Shahbaz

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Q4sim wrote:
RHussain07 wrote:

Batleykhan, your views on this matter would be greatly appreciated
Write "No, but if required to do so then I will work"

This is so just in case something happens to you and are not able to work, then your wife might have to in order to support her self as you are not allowed to claim benefits for her......jsut to be on safe side

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Write "No, but if required to do so then I will work"

This is so just in case something happens to you and are not able to work, then your wife might have to in order to support her self as you are not allowed to claim benefits for her......jsut to be on safe side
Thanks for clearing that up Batleykhan, your advice is always greatly appreciated :)

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Last edited by Q4sim on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:17 pm

I am looking for my wife to apply when I am in Pakistan also, I believe that the application will require attested photocopies of passport pages,

Does anyone know where to get these attested in Pakistan as my passport will have had a few more stamps by the time I arrive in Pakistan?

billo

Post by billo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Rhussain have you checked your PM's? I PM'd you last week :D

NAZIA786
Newly Registered

Post by NAZIA786 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Salaam shabaaz,

my husband submitted his visa 16.4.10 mirpur.... havent really heard anyhting and not een sure if HR HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BECAUSE OF .. WORKING FOR AS FOR CIVIL SERVICE...SO I DONT THINK HR EVEN MENTION IT TO TEAM LEADER.. mayb oz of confidentiality etc... i m assuming... anyway... but..if your employer has bin contacted... i hope mine has too... but my status is still the same ....as 'BHC' IS YOURS THE SAME??

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:38 pm

"On which dates do you wish to travel to the UK"

The above is the second question on the VAF 4A application form.

My wife is intending to travel as soon as she gets her visa but we obviously do not know the date that this will be.

What should she write in this section?

SAIMA_1
Newly Registered

Post by SAIMA_1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Salaam sis ,

My husband submitted case on 21st April in Mirpur i got a call after 7 weeks on 10th june asking to Confirm some general stuff from the BHC, so they dont always just ring your employer.. the BHC woman on phone said i should get a reply in the next 2 weeks....
They have started to check the papers so carefully now, little little things they notice unusual they ring to check up on it , but it is good atleast they dont just reject, they actually check up on it..

Good luck , let me know how it goes for you. InshAllah this week or next week we get reply.

NAZIA786 wrote:Salaam shabaaz,

my husband submitted his visa 16.4.10 mirpur.... havent really heard anyhting and not een sure if HR HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BECAUSE OF .. WORKING FOR AS FOR CIVIL SERVICE...SO I DONT THINK HR EVEN MENTION IT TO TEAM LEADER.. mayb oz of confidentiality etc... i m assuming... anyway... but..if your employer has bin contacted... i hope mine has too... but my status is still the same ....as 'BHC' IS YOURS THE SAME??

SAIMA_1
Newly Registered

Post by SAIMA_1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:50 pm

i wrote ' As soon as Possible ' on my husband's application.
Q4sim wrote:"On which dates do you wish to travel to the UK"

My wife is intending to travel as soon as she gets her visa but we obviously do not know the date that this will be.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:01 pm

SAIMA_1 wrote:i wrote ' As soon as Possible ' on my husband's application.
Q4sim wrote:"On which dates do you wish to travel to the UK"

I can't write as soon as possible as you can only enter a date in the section.

Batleykhan what are your views on this?

billo

Post by billo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:44 pm

q4sim, if you wish for your wife to travel immediatley after the visa is issued then just put a couple of weeks ahead from when you submit the application. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is more for people who want to travel at some future time after the application is submitted, say you submitted application on 14/6/2010, but didn't want to travel until 14/10/10 then the BHC could grant your visa but date it for 14/10/10 - when you wish to travel, as if they issued visa with the date your app was decided then you couldn't travel on 14/10/10 as this will be more than the 3 months you have in which to come to Enland.

I hope I'm making sense - if your wife will travel within 3 months of her visa being issued then I personally would write a date a couple of weeks after the submission date of the application.

Hope that helps.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:08 am

billo wrote:q4sim, if you wish for your wife to travel immediatley after the visa is issued then just put a couple of weeks ahead from when you submit the application. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is more for people who want to travel at some future time after the application is submitted, say you submitted application on 14/6/2010, but didn't want to travel until 14/10/10 then the BHC could grant your visa but date it for 14/10/10 - when you wish to travel, as if they issued visa with the date your app was decided then you couldn't travel on 14/10/10 as this will be more than the 3 months you have in which to come to Enland.

I hope I'm making sense - if your wife will travel within 3 months of her visa being issued then I personally would write a date a couple of weeks after the submission date of the application.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Billo, The 3 months makes sense. I want to write ASAP but I can't. I guess your right, the safest thing would be to write a date a few weeks after submission. Any one else got any ideas? What did other people put down here?

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 am

I wrote a couple weeks later.. submitted 20/04/10, stated wanted to travel 01/05/10.

Talk about high hopes...

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:45 am

I also wrote a couple of weeks later.

snipered

Post by snipered » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:27 am

Not to be bad, but you can right what you want but it wont be accepted. Applications clearly state, we recommend you do not buy a non tranferable ticket before you are granted the visa.

It doesnt matter what date you right. The date they work towards is 12 weeks after submission date.