ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Entry to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Winder
Newly Registered

Refused Entry to UK

Post by Winder » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi

I was refused entry 4 years ago as they believed I never wanted to go back to Australia. I have always tried to avoid going back. My partner (defacto) who lives with me and we are now settled in Australia - His family member is very unwell and they have asked us to come immediately.
I always intended on getting a tourist visa entry clearance before ever returning if i ever needed to go back but the visa office is closed on weekends and could take up to a week to approve - especially with biometric finger printing now. My partner needs to go tomorrow or Sunday. I really want to go with him for support and the fear I have of turning up to immigration without any clearance even though all my circumstances have changed. I just feel dread and sick as it was the worst experience Ive ever had. It will make it even worse if I cant go back and see his family member before they pass and be there with my partner for support. I really want to take risk but feel ill. The incident 4 years ago is always going to haunt me even though I thought I had moved on from it.
I was wondering if anyone knew of emergency tourist visa in Australia or if I actually need one to re-enter. What I should do?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:15 pm

The blunt issue here is .... what evidence do you have that you will leave the UK? That is, what "reason to return" do you have? And indeed, not just for you, but also for your partner?

If the evidence is good, that you will indeed leave the UK, you will probably be OK, especially if travelling with your partner, but clearly it is not possible to guarantee you will be OK.

You have a job? Your partner has a job? Evidence that you intends to return to those employments is clearly going to help. The two of you have a residence? You intend to go back to that residence?
John

Winder
Newly Registered

Post by Winder » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Yes we both have our jobs, rental property, dogs, a holiday in NZ booked next month. Should I bring all of this info. Do they frown upon any refused entry trying to get back in without prior clearance? I really want to be with him on that plane tomorrow so just hoping for some guidance or similar experience. Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Bring all that evidence, and also evidence of why the two of you are making such an urgent journey. I still think, go for it, I shall be surprised if you get turned away, but again it is not possible to guarantee you will be let in.

How long do you intend to be in the UK? Clearly not long given you mention a holiday in NZ next month.
John

Winder
Newly Registered

Post by Winder » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi, We are thinking 2 weeks. Enough time to spend some time with his family member and not feel rushed if it was only for a week.
Not sure what evidence I can grab regarding their condidtion by tomorrow. Perhaps a letter from my partner family/doctor details. I will grab a letter from mine and partner employer and take our tenancy agreement. contact to my family. I really feel I would take any risk to go with my partner but I just have a feeling of dread since it was a bad experience last time and took a long time to get over it. Thanks, I appreciate your advice.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Also take evidence about the NZ holiday, and contact details of the people in the UK, such as phone number, so that the Immigration Officer can contact them if need be.

Ticket! You will have a return ticket? For say two weeks after you arrive?
John

ejw4h9

Post by ejw4h9 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:37 pm

More importantly, were you banned from entry into the UK (for any length of time)?

I would think that due to the current circumstances, i.e. your job status and home in Australia, and the fact that you're seeing a sick relative will allow you entry. However, if you've been banned, that's another story.

Winder
Newly Registered

Post by Winder » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:09 am

I dont believe I was banned. I dont have the letter with me but I dont remember it ever being a banning. Just a refusal and sent home. Is there somewhere I can call to find out?
Ive been thinking of what evidence I can take at such short notice regarding work. Its a long weekend (public holiday) and I dont think I could even get in touch with my boss and get a letter in 7 hours, let alone my partner boss aswell. I may just have to accept I cant go and be supportive from here as much as its upsetting that its gotta be that way.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Winder wrote:I dont believe I was banned. I dont have the letter with me but I dont remember it ever being a banning. Just a refusal and sent home. Is there somewhere I can call to find out?
If it was a refusal 4 years ago, you weren't banned, the Rules implementing a mandatory ban hadn't been introduced then.