ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for dependant from India...Tier1 in Uk

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

puneetdwd

Applying for dependant from India...Tier1 in Uk

Post by puneetdwd » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi,
I posted this question several time but I want to be sure before losing my money. Is there any one who has recently applied for dependant visa from india?

My case is I am in UK from less than 3 months on Tier1 visa. My wife is in India and she need to apply for dependent visa. I am sure the fund maintenance for her is £1600 for 3 months however I am confussed with the tier1 migrant who is in UK less than 12 month category.

My question
1) Is the fund maintenance is different if maintained in India? For eg if in UK its £800 but if maintained in India its £2800 (Rs.196000 INR appox)?

2) Is the fund for dependent should be maintained in her account or Tier1 account? or it should be a joint account?

2) Is it compulsary for the Tier1 migrant in UK to show 3 months earning i.e pay slip? If I have just one month pay slip will it work?

I have £2000 (Rs.140,000 ) in my Indian bank account for last 3 mnths and my wife has £1800 (Rs.130,000/-) since last 3 months in India. so we have £3800 in total in India. Is she eligible to apply for Entry Clearance?

Seniors,please look at this and respond to me. I want to bring my wife asap but dnt want to lose money.

Thanks so much
P

uranj
Newly Registered

RE: Applying for dependant from India...Tier1 in U

Post by uranj » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 am

Hi,

By entry clearance guide it is possible to keep money in any of account as per my understanding

"Maintenance may be provided by either:

* The applicant with their own funds or with funds available to them; or
* The sponsor; or
* A combination of applicant and sponsor funds."

You can also refer to this link.. which most usefull link as Tier 1 Dependent Aspirant are considered.
and official

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation

I am sorry I cant help with accounts being in india... not an expert

mhkhan

Re: RE: Applying for dependant from India...Tier1 in U

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:20 am

I just wonder why has the accommodation requirement for having the dependants join later not been made clear as mandatory or not either in the application form or in the immigration rules. This is still a grey area and many applicants who want to play safe like me have to spend time and money to get the accommodation sorted before the family can even apply.

Wish UKBA could make this very clear.

[quote="uranj"]Hi,

By entry clearance guide it is possible to keep money in any of account as per my understanding

[i]"Maintenance may be provided by either:

* The applicant with their own funds or with funds available to them; or
* The sponsor; or
* A combination of applicant and sponsor funds."[/i]

You can also refer to this link.. which most usefull link as Tier 1 Dependent Aspirant are considered.
and [size=18]official[/size]

[url]http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation[/url]

I am sorry I cant help with accounts being in india... not an expert[/quote]

[iD]

Re: Applying for dependant from India...Tier1 in Uk

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:29 am

puneetdwd wrote:Hi,
I posted this question several time but I want to be sure before losing my money. Is there any one who has recently applied for dependant visa from india?

My case is I am in UK from less than 3 months on Tier1 visa. My wife is in India and she need to apply for dependent visa. I am sure the fund maintenance for her is £1600 for 3 months however I am confussed with the tier1 migrant who is in UK less than 12 month category.

My question
1) Is the fund maintenance is different if maintained in India? For eg if in UK its £800 but if maintained in India its £2800 (Rs.196000 INR appox)?
It has nothing to do with where the funds are kept but whether the main applicant is in the UK and for how long

2) Is the fund for dependent should be maintained in her account or Tier1 account? or it should be a joint account?
It can be her account or yours or a joint account or a combination of either of them.

2) Is it compulsary for the Tier1 migrant in UK to show 3 months earning i.e pay slip? If I have just one month pay slip will it work?
No, you do not need to show your payslips at all.

I have £2000 (Rs.140,000 ) in my Indian bank account for last 3 mnths and my wife has £1800 (Rs.130,000/-) since last 3 months in India. so we have £3800 in total in India. Is she eligible to apply for Entry Clearance?
Yes

Seniors,please look at this and respond to me. I want to bring my wife asap but dnt want to lose money.

Thanks so much
i
Goodluck.

puneetdwd

thanks

Post by puneetdwd » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks to everyone.
Our fund was reduced 2 months ago due to some family exigency..so I have to wait till last week of July 2010 to meet the 90 days criteria.
Thanks a ton to everyone I would again get in touch in JULY

thanks so much.
P