ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on the basis of Access to Children born in UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faithful
Newly Registered

ILR on the basis of Access to Children born in UK?

Post by Faithful » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:59 am

Hi, pls can anyone tell me whether it's plausible to be given a LR on the basis of having had 2 kids born in this country to a non British parents. Plus one of the kids has been diagnosed with a disability. Current status is a student which has just expired and has since applied for a LR with supporting documents. Kids ages are 7 and 4 yrs. Submitted in march, got a reference a few days after and still waiting to hear a decision. I was wondering maybe discretion would be applied or not. Or has anyone known anyone else who's been granted one? Pls any suggestions that would help this case will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:01 am

Highly unlikely not so say impossible.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Faithful
Newly Registered

Post by Faithful » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:19 am

Wanderer wrote:Highly unlikely not so say impossible.
oh really??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 am

Faithful wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Highly unlikely not so say impossible.
oh really??
Well as no one in the case is British or holds any form of PR or even has valid leave I can't see any grounds for them to be granted LTR at all, can you?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 am

Yes, none of the parties have a right to live in UK as such, so its tuff. No one can rule what the exact outcome will be, but the chances are slim, to say the least.

girlpower19818

Re: ILR on the basis of Access to Children born in UK?

Post by girlpower19818 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:04 am

Faithful wrote:Hi, pls can anyone tell me whether it's plausible to be given a LR on the basis of having had 2 kids born in this country to a non British parents. Plus one of the kids has been diagnosed with a disability. Current status is a student which has just expired and has since applied for a LR with supporting documents. Kids ages are 7 and 4 yrs. Submitted in march, got a reference a few days after and still waiting to hear a decision. I was wondering maybe discretion would be applied or not. Or has anyone known anyone else who's been granted one? Pls any suggestions that would help this case will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks.
both my friend and her partner are not British, there have been here for about 8yrs on student visas. they have a 6 yr old autistic child. they applied for discretion leave and have recently been granted 3yrs leave outside immigration rules. they did investigate their lives including communicating with teachers from autistic son's school.
All i am saying is, from the sound of things, you have nothing to lose, so just try everything you can as uprooting your children would be hard.
good luck.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:28 am

There is certainly nothing to loose in trying, which OP is already doing.

Faithful
Newly Registered

Re: ILR on the basis of Access to Children born in UK?

Post by Faithful » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 am

girlpower19818 wrote:
Faithful wrote: Thanks.
both my friend and her partner are not British, there have been here for about 8yrs on student visas. they have a 6 yr old autistic child. they applied for discretion leave and have recently been granted 3yrs leave outside immigration rules. they did investigate their lives including communicating with teachers from autistic son's school.
All i am saying is, from the sound of things, you have nothing to lose, so just try everything you can as uprooting your children would be hard.
good luck.
hi girlpower, thanks for your post. Someone told me they've got a friend who's been granted LR for herself and her kids on discretional grounds Even though they were not born in this country.