ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement and translation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sdr
Newly Registered

Bank statement and translation

Post by sdr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 pm

If I have one line in my bank statment for my salary deposits that is not in English, but everything else on the bank statement is in English, do I still need that line translated. If so, do I need all 12 lines (12 salary deposits) translated. Or is one document that translates the word appropriate. The word just translates to "HS credit" the HS can't be translated as it's just part of the reference from my employer

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Bank statement and translation

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:09 am

sdr wrote:If I have one line in my bank statment for my salary deposits that is not in English, but everything else on the bank statement is in English, do I still need that line translated. If so, do I need all 12 lines (12 salary deposits) translated. Or is one document that translates the word appropriate. The word just translates to "HS credit" the HS can't be translated as it's just part of the reference from my employer
In my opinion get a letter from your bank on their letterhead translating the line which should suffice for all the occurences of this word in any of the statements.So you might not need to translate it 12 times or so..However, make it sure you mention the purpose of the letter clearly in your covering letter...good luck!!

mzeeshan

Re: Bank statement and translation

Post by mzeeshan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

sdr wrote:If I have one line in my bank statment for my salary deposits that is not in English, but everything else on the bank statement is in English, do I still need that line translated. If so, do I need all 12 lines (12 salary deposits) translated. Or is one document that translates the word appropriate. The word just translates to "HS credit" the HS can't be translated as it's just part of the reference from my employer
From which country you are applying from ?. Cuz normally they dont bother about the key words and names mentioned in other languages... they only want the amount of salary and transfer date clearly mentioned on your bank statement...

I did that tooo recently and submitted my online bank statement that were in Danish but all the transactions amounts were clearly shown in english... I got my visa in 10 working days.. just get their color print and get them stamped from your bank..

for more details see my "How to Guide"...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58595

Hope that helps.. plz let me know if anything you want me to add in that guide as well...
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012

hartford10
Newly Registered

Post by hartford10 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Yes I agree to that the bank letter pad would work and it is an best alternative. This is really a very good sugesstion. I would like to prefer that.

prabagar000
Newly Registered

Query on UK tier 1 visa

Post by prabagar000 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:04 am

Hi,
I am currently based in Bangalore, India and wish to apply for UK tier 1 visa.
I have danish payslips to be translated before applying for the visa.
There are 2 queries :-
1. What is the most cost efficient way to have my danish payslips translated in India
2. Do I need to have all danish payslip translated or translation of one payslip would be sufficient?

Please reply asap.

Regards,
Pbt