ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education Evaluation Required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaspar09
Newly Registered

Education Evaluation Required?

Post by jaspar09 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 am

Is it necessary to have UK NARIC Report as an evidence?

I have B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
from Punjab Technical University, India

Can I just give them the Degree & Mark Sheets as supporting Documents? Also I guess that will satisfy the "English proficiency" requirement as well?

Please Clarify... I am new to this process So I apologize if it is a repeat thread....Thx JP

[iD]

Re: Education Evaluation Required?

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:37 am

jaspar09 wrote:Is it necessary to have UK NARIC Report as an evidence?

Can I just give them the Degree & Mark Sheets as supporting Documents? Also I guess that will satisfy the "English proficiency" requirement as well?

Please Clarify... I am new to this process So I apologize if it is a repeat thread....Thx JP

No, you do not need to have a certificate from UK Naric, you can check Points Based Calculator if your degree is acceptable.
Goodluck.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Education Evaluation Required?

Post by aliq09 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:39 am

jaspar09 wrote:Is it necessary to have UK NARIC Report as an evidence?

Hi ,

It's always to good have NARIC letter but if you are sure the calculator is giving you points for degree and English , you are good to go . Some time calculator is giving you other coursed which you have not done or you different one .. so in that case go for NARIC . It will take 4 weeks to get certificate and plus you have to pay :)

How much experience you have in your field ? are you getting all the points according to new April 6 rules ? just wondering ..you get all :)
Thanks

Ali

jaspar09
Newly Registered

Post by jaspar09 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks guys for the info..

@aliq09.. I have approx 6 Yrs exp in IT., and Yes I got 75 points from the PBS calculator So was just wondering if getting NARIC is absolute necessity....But as you suggested I can do without that so I will try as it is.... :)

Another Q. what is recommended..should I file dependent application at the same time or later after getting main applicant approval?

Thanks in advance...

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:44 pm

If you fulfil the maintenance funds criteria, there is no harm in putting your dependent on the same application.. saves time and money.
jaspar09 wrote:Thanks guys for the info..

@aliq09.. I have approx 6 Yrs exp in IT., and Yes I got 75 points from the PBS calculator So was just wondering if getting NARIC is absolute necessity....But as you suggested I can do without that so I will try as it is.... :)

Another Q. what is recommended..should I file dependent application at the same time or later after getting main applicant approval?

Thanks in advance...

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:04 pm

jaspar09 wrote:Thanks guys for the info..

Thanks in advance...
as nksg said, if you can satisfy funds requirement and are 100% sure of getting your visa then my advice is to apply together as it saves a lot of money and time.
Goodluck.