ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Ramy90 wrote:
nyameye wrote:
krimith wrote:
nyameye wrote:
nyameye wrote:
CHECK AND SEND - 19/5/10
RECEIVED DOCUMENTS - 27/5/10
INTERVIEW DATE - 12/6/10

krimith
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 am Post subject: Re: PASSPORT UPDATE
nyameye,did you recevied your passport?
not yet krimith... what abt yours?

same as you waiting,interview finished 11th june
THANK GOD. I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY WIFE'S PASSPORT. AM POSITIVE YOURS AND RAMY90 ARE ON THE WAY
Did they require signature or they posted through the letter box. because i am not going to be at home tomorrow.[/quote]

IT WAS SECURE DELIVERY. YOU HAVE TO SIGN FOR IT. IF YOU MISS IT TOMMORROW YOU CAN RE ARRANGE IT TO BE DELIVERED AT A DAY YOU WILL BE AT HOME.

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:35 pm

krimith wrote:congratulation ,nayame your waiting time over for forever goodluck and good day,maybe my one also came tommorow
THANK YOU KRIMITH. HOPEFULLY IT SHOULD COME TOMMORROW. ALL THE BEST.

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:26 pm

nyameye wrote:
Ramy90 wrote:
nyameye wrote:
krimith wrote:nyameye wrote:
CHECK AND SEND - 19/5/10
RECEIVED DOCUMENTS - 27/5/10
INTERVIEW DATE - 12/6/10

not yet krimith... what abt yours?

same as you waiting,interview finished 11th june
THANK GOD. I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY WIFE'S PASSPORT. AM POSITIVE YOURS AND RAMY90 ARE ON THE WAY
Did they require signature or they posted through the letter box. because i am not going to be at home tomorrow.
IT WAS SECURE DELIVERY. YOU HAVE TO SIGN FOR IT. IF YOU MISS IT TOMMORROW YOU CAN RE ARRANGE IT TO BE DELIVERED AT A DAY YOU WILL BE AT HOME.[/quote]

I had my original passports and new British passports by secure delivery and all pushed through my letterbox (total of 8 envelops on three days)

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Do we have to give the detail of grand parents in passport application or is that optional???

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:27 pm

albanian wrote:
joelondon wrote:did anyone called UKBA to check for the process of there application ????

please let me know as i have been waiting for a month so far ...and i dunno if i need to call them to find out or not ???

thanks and good luck to everyone waiting !!!
I have been waiting for almost 2 months. I called nationality team yesterday. Mon 14 june and I was told that my application is with a caseworker and it willl be decided fairly soon within 2 to 3 months.
Nice reply from nationality team to frustrate the caller. If the application is with the case worker why the hell are they taking months to take decision. All the checks can be carried out through online then why such a long delay. It will take hardly hour to decide including paper work.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:10 pm

edinburgh wrote:
joelondon wrote:did anyone called UKBA to check for the process of there application ????

please let me know as i have been waiting for a month so far ...and i dunno if i need to call them to find out or not ???

hi joelondon

as far as i remember my application was submitted at the same time as yours, more less. i know that a decision was made about mines last wednesday so i'm expecting to hear from the ho on fri or sat or mon. hope this helps. wait till the weekend to find out about yours, me suggests.
hey thats a good news man ...which u good luck ..and m sure thats an approval letter ...u will receive it by friday the soonest ...by the way did u call then to find out ...as i applied the 17th ..and didnt call to find out ...so m just waiting by the end of this week ..or next week ...let me know thanks

good luck to everyone who are waiting ...

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:35 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:Do we have to give the detail of grand parents in passport application or is that optional???
NO. THE LADY AT THE POST OFFICE SAID IT WAS NOT NEEDED SINCE MY WIFE WAS NATURALISED AND SHE WAS NOT DERIVING BRITISH NATIONALITY FROM HER GRANDPARENTS.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:57 pm

BLK235 wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 19 May 2010
Received at HO: 20 May 2010
CRITERIA - 7 years ( 5 years + 1 year PR + 1 year PR wait )
Date of payment taken by HO: 01 June 2010 (cheque clearance date)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 27 May 2010 (dated 24 May 2010)
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: /
Date of appln. for passport: /
Method used: /
hey mate ...any news as yet ??? did u received the letter or not yet ..keep us updated ..thanks

and good luck

edinburgh

Post by edinburgh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:18 am

deleted
Last edited by edinburgh on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:46 am

hi naeyme and ramy90 ,
I recevied my passport today so my jurney over thanks for who help me in this board and goodluck for those whose waiting,
BEST OF LUCK EVERYBODY :lol: :lol:

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:10 pm

krimith wrote:hi naeyme and ramy90 ,
I recevied my passport today so my jurney over thanks for who help me in this board and goodluck for those whose waiting,
BEST OF LUCK EVERYBODY :lol: :lol:
Krimith.
congrats. am so happy the waiting is over for us.

Ramy90,
good luck to you. yours should be on its way.

thanks and good luck to everyone on their journey.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:09 pm

edinburgh wrote:
joelondon wrote:
edinburgh wrote:

hi joelondon

as far as i remember my application was submitted at the same time as yours, more less. i know that a decision was made about mines last wednesday so i'm expecting to hear from the ho on fri or sat or mon. hope this helps. wait till the weekend to find out about yours, me suggests.
hey thats a good news man ...which u good luck ..and m sure thats an approval letter ...u will receive it by friday the soonest ...by the way did u call then to find out ...as i applied the 17th ..and didnt call to find out ...so m just waiting by the end of this week ..or next week ...let me know thanks

good luck to everyone who are waiting ...
ello joelondon

i didn't call them specifically to find out my outcome. the ncs submitted my application with a photocopy of one of my travel documents that's number didn't match that on the application - that's what i called them about.

i'll let you know. mine was submitted on 13/05; yours on 14/05; payment taken 19/05, so yours should be done too, or soon. wait till next fri. i was told applications are dealt with as they arrive.
hey congratulation mate ...all the best ...hope we gona hear something from them this week or next week the latest ,...keep me update ...

good luck to everyone who are waiting !!!

shekel

Documents

Post by shekel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Documents and decision come back as one letter or two separate letters?

krimith

Re: Documents

Post by krimith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:14 pm

shekel wrote:Documents and decision come back as one letter or two separate letters?
My one first come approval letter and then after 2 days documents come from DX SECURE delivery with they send ceremony invitation letter

shekel

Post by shekel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:21 pm

krimith wrote:
shekel wrote:Documents and decision come back as one letter or two separate letters?
My one first come approval letter and then after 2 days documents come from DX SECURE delivery with they send ceremony invitation letter
so DX came second and the letter first?
Last edited by shekel on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koetsier
Newly Registered

Post by koetsier » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Ceremony done 7 June,
Passport Submission: Check & Send 7 June
Passport interview letter: 16 June
Passport interview date: 17 June (Liverpool)

koetsier wrote:just got the most wonderful letter today confirming approval of citizenship! I am just so excited!!!!!!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: NCS - Runcorn (family app)
Date of Submission: 21/04/2010
CRITERIA: 5 years Work Permit + 1 yr Indefinate leave to remain
Date of debit of card: 27/04/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27/04/2010
-------------------------------------------------------------

Date of receipt of Approval: 20th May letter received 26th May
Date of ceremony: 7th June - Warrington

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm

shekel wrote:
krimith wrote:
Yes first they send approval letter and then documents and ceremony invitation letter both together

tsp

Post by tsp » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Friends,

Here is my timelines.

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 1st June 2010
Received at HO: 2nd June 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years ( 4 years wp + 1yr hsmp + 1yr PR ) ,family : kid,wife ,myself
Date of payment taken by HO: 4th June 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 9th June (dated 4th June 2010)

BTW, can you advise me where to get the Passport applicaion forms. Do I need to get individual form for each person(myself , wife and child). I have seen many timelines here that, people applied the passport on same day when they complete the ceremony. Pls guide me where to get the passport application form and can i request the form before i get the approval

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:56 pm

My journey is now over.

Thanks to everyone for your support. This forum has been great.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 01/04/2010
CRITERIA: 4 yrs+1yrs ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 16/04/2010 Dated:13/04/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 28/04/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 04/05/2010 and Invitation letter recevied 06/05/2010
Date of ceremony: 17/05/2010

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 19/05/2010
Sevice applied by : CHECK AND SEND)
Date of passport interview:11th JUNE
Date of recevied passport: 16/06/2010

Thats my time line hopefully everyone recevied very soon good luck

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Two more timelines

Applied naturalisation of my wife today on the basis of three years residence

and

Applied passport for myself and children (2)

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:25 pm

tsp wrote:Friends,

Here is my timelines.

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 1st June 2010
Received at HO: 2nd June 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years ( 4 years wp + 1yr hsmp + 1yr PR ) ,family : kid,wife ,myself
Date of payment taken by HO: 4th June 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 9th June (dated 4th June 2010)

BTW, can you advise me where to get the Passport applicaion forms. Do I need to get individual form for each person(myself , wife and child). I have seen many timelines here that, people applied the passport on same day when they complete the ceremony. Pls guide me where to get the passport application form and can i request the form before i get the approval
You can get the passport application at the post office or you can request it be sent to you at:

https://passports.ips.gov.uk/forms/appl ... -form.aspx

Ray

R-

Post by R- » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Congrats krimith-. Let's go to paris this Saturday. We can leave at about 6am and catch a very early ferry from Dover to Calais.

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:31 am

krimith wrote:
shekel wrote:
krimith wrote:
Yes first they send approval letter and then documents and ceremony invitation letter both together
In my instance all i received was an invitation to attend the ceremony. It was kind of an approval letter and invitation letter combined into a single A4 document, saying i had been approved and i was invited to attend my ceremony at ..blah blah blah

Bear in mind that i did not send any original documents. i photocopied and had my LIUK test, passport and everything else certified by a solicitor. Ofcourse they didnt send the photocopies back to me

djbabyboom
Newly Registered

Post by djbabyboom » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:47 am

We made a family application via NCS on 20.04. Acknowledgement letter has been received in a week, ie on 27.04 and the funds have been withdrawn pretty much on the same week.

Still no sign of approval letter whatsoever. Do familiy applications tend to be processed within the same timeframe as individual ones or should I just be more patient? (which is quite difficult to maintain :) )

Thanks

fearless2711

Hello

Post by fearless2711 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 am

djbabyboom wrote:We made a family application via NCS on 20.04. Acknowledgement letter has been received in a week, ie on 27.04 and the funds have been withdrawn pretty much on the same week.

Still no sign of approval letter whatsoever. Do familiy applications tend to be processed within the same timeframe as individual ones or should I just be more patient? (which is quite difficult to maintain :) )

Thanks

I have submitted joint application with my wife on 19-04-2010, simillar time line as yours. Still no replies.
Just wait and see.
Regards,
Tofiq