ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qualify for ILR as per HSMP JR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bipolar Bear
Newly Registered

Do I qualify for ILR as per HSMP JR?

Post by Bipolar Bear » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi. Haven't posted here in a long time - probably not since I got FLR. Anyhow... I'm just hoping someone can give me a quick answer to this one, I found the HSMP JR thread but its 185 pages!! and I cant find any sticky / faq - if there is one can someone please point me to it. I believe I *may* be entitled to ILR after 4 years as per the HSMP JR ruling but I'm not sure. can someone possibly confirm before I shell out big bucks to an immigration solicitor... basic timeline is below:

Received 2 year working holiday visa 01/09/04 -> 01/09/06.

Transferred into HSMP, received initial 1 year HSMP visa under the original 1+3 system, 24/03/06 -> 23/03/07. Wife came over on a spouse visa.

Applied for FLR under the new system and was granted a 4 year extension 09/03/07 -> 23/03/11.

So I've now done 4 years under HSMP, started under the old system. Can I now apply for ILR or do I have to wait out the remaining 9 months on my existing visa to make 5 years?

cheers
bb

Markie

Re: Do I qualify for ILR as per HSMP JR?

Post by Markie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 am

the 4year rule for HSMP JR is applicable to those whose visa was granted prior to Apr 06. after this period, the residency period was increased to 5yrs. Was you visa stamped 24/3/06? if yes then you are eligible,
Bipolar Bear wrote:Hi. Haven't posted here in a long time - probably not since I got FLR. Anyhow... I'm just hoping someone can give me a quick answer to this one, I found the HSMP JR thread but its 185 pages!! and I cant find any sticky / faq - if there is one can someone please point me to it. I believe I *may* be entitled to ILR after 4 years as per the HSMP JR ruling but I'm not sure. can someone possibly confirm before I shell out big bucks to an immigration solicitor... basic timeline is below:

Received 2 year working holiday visa 01/09/04 -> 01/09/06.

Transferred into HSMP, received initial 1 year HSMP visa under the original 1+3 system, 24/03/06 -> 23/03/07. Wife came over on a spouse visa.

Applied for FLR under the new system and was granted a 4 year extension 09/03/07 -> 23/03/11.

So I've now done 4 years under HSMP, started under the old system. Can I now apply for ILR or do I have to wait out the remaining 9 months on my existing visa to make 5 years?

cheers
bb

Bipolar Bear
Newly Registered

Post by Bipolar Bear » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:42 am

Thanks for your reply. Yes my visa is stamped 24/03/06. I found the SET(O) forms and guidelines last night and it is spelled out pretty clearly in there. So it is great news! As with I guess most others here we have been working towards this for the last 5 years - to be able to apply now is an unexpected bonus. Shame its so expensive, but then I expected it after what the hsmp cost.

Is it worth paying the extra for the premium service and what does it give you over the normal service?

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Its totally your decision.. though in premium service there is a good chance u get the decision same day.. where as u will have to wait for 4 weeks (i think) for the result of postal application...

Bipolar Bear wrote:
Is it worth paying the extra for the premium service and what does it give you over the normal service?

Bipolar Bear
Newly Registered

Post by Bipolar Bear » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Its more the not having my passport at the moment which bothers me. I assume if I went the normal postal route I have to send off my passport for possibly up to 2 months. I've got several business trips coming up and I need my passport for that.

Bipolar Bear
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon 32/07/10 !!

Post by Bipolar Bear » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:51 pm

So I'm digging up this old thread just to put the final ending on it...

Had appointment at croydon today 9:30.

Arrived at 9:00, went through security.

Went through the initial check of the application form on the ground floor.

Went upstairs to level 1, paid the fee.

Got called up by the caseworker, asked for all the supporting documentation - the application was for myself and wife as dependant. I had 4 years worth of payslips, P60s, and P45s. 3 months previous bank statements printed off internet banking - no originals. that was all. they didn't ask for anything else.

ILR approved at 11:00. Got told passports would be ready in 1-2 hrs.

Went outside, had lunch, came back. Our number was called bang on 1pm. ILR stamps in passports. Done.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on these forums and good luck to everyone going for ILR!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Do I qualify for ILR as per HSMP JR?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Markie wrote:the 4year rule for HSMP JR is applicable to those whose visa was granted prior to Apr 06.
Slight correction! For the benefit of others who might be in the same situation:

the 4year rule for HSMP JR is applicable to those who applied for HSMP approval before 03-Apr-06. The date of EC/LtR is irrelevant.

regards

Bipolar Bear
Newly Registered

Post by Bipolar Bear » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:18 pm

oh one other thing as well which was interesting... in that they effectively "backdated" my ILR to 23/03/10 - 4 years to the day since my original HSMP was granted. A letter provided with the visa indicates this is primarily for the purpose of satisfying the residency requirement if/when I choose to apply for citizenship. Which was another added bonus I was not expecting.