ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refusal & no acknowledgement of appeal form

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deepuk
Newly Registered

refusal & no acknowledgement of appeal form

Post by deepuk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi

We have applied for a student visa and got refused coz imigration officer thought that we didnt submit a certificate which doesnt exist . College refused to issue us with a new student Id (CAS) to re-apply and asked us to appeal.

We appealed on the 6th of april,2010 through email but we havent had any acknowledgement, and when we have mailed them again to confirm if the application is still under consideration., we are not getting any replies or any information from any source.

We tried calling the chennai counsulate(where we applied), no one answers the phone. Delhi asks us to contact chennai.

We are so lost and not sure what needs to be done, we understand it would take more than 2 months to get any result on the appeal bt we need a confirmation whether our application has been accepted or not.

any help on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Deep

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:36 pm

If I am not wrong, then doesn't an out of country application refusal leads to an admin review and not an appeal. And the chennai consulate does answer calls if you try hard enough.. You have to call between 2 - 4 pm.. Your calls will be answered only at that time.

deepuk
Newly Registered

Post by deepuk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Sorry, I meant ADmin review.,

We have tried calling at all times. But no one answered and no answer forth coming. We even emailed them for an acknowledgement.

When applied for an Admin review, are we supposed to get an acknowledgement?

Were they supposed to acknowledge?

Is there anythingelse that we would have to do to get any information on this?

And according to london school of finance & business(LSBF), We cant get our fully paid fee back. and the only option we have at the moment is to win the appeal or lose the fee. Isnt there anythign that can be done atleast to get our fee back?

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Acknowledgments are not send for admin reviews. You can call and confirm at the consulate between 2 - 4 monday to friday to know if they have received your review request. But I believe that they would have. The number would be engaged obviously since a lot of people call. You would have to keep redialling maybe for 20 - 30 minutes at a stretch to sometimes get connected. I have no idea about how you can get your fee back. You would have to ask the college about that.

deepuk
Newly Registered

Post by deepuk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:27 pm

ahh...
thanks so much potterbond.

Guess i would be on the fone 2row and the day after as well...
thanks for the help.