ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:28 am

Q4sim wrote: I have another question..
When writing a covering letter per section, is it ok if the applicant writes it as opposed to the sponsor? A lot of people seem to writing covering letters as the sponsor but surely its the applicants application and this will be more solid if they do it?
Normally a main covering letter is either written by your solicitor plus an indepth written statement from the sponsor to present your scenario to the ECO the way you want him to look at or a covering letter by the sponsor (if you are dealing the case yourself),covering letter is the back bone of your whole application and plays a pivotal role so in my opinion it should be wicked ,comprehensive,precise yet concise 8) so i think you would be better off if you write it yourself instead of asking the applicant to write it as there is a strong chance of contradictory point of views or if you believe the writing skills and pursuasive powers of applicant :lol: lolzz :lol: then let him/her write :wink:
I assume that the best way is that a sponsor/solicitor covering letter plus an applicant's written statement :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:21 am

It makes no difference, as long as the things which need to be mentioned are mentioned.
And before Q4sim asks, I would like to say in advance that, its ok to use blue, black or any other kind of ink. Its ok to use a ball point or a fountain pen. Its also perfectly ok if someone uses a typewriter or printer. Its also ok to use plain paper or ruled paper or coloured paper.
You can write this letter standing up, sitting down or while you lay in bed.

If anyone else is paranoid about how exactly to make an application, please discuss with us. :lol:

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 am

My wife submitted her settlement visa application, on the 31st March 2010 at Gerrys Lahore visa application centre.

Been 11 weeks now! I Email the UKHUB this morning and 30 minutes later received the following reply,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am pleased to say that a decision has been made on your wife's application. Your wife will be contacted in due course via the Visa Application Centre in regards to her application outcome.

Thank you,

UK Visa Section - Pakistan

I beleive should receive a call from Lahore Gerrys Visa Centre very soon Inshallah get good news.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 am

RHussain07 wrote:To: all members who applied in May

Have any of you received calls from the UKBA?

Have your employers been called to verify employment?

In previous pages, UKBA were giving decisions around two weeks after the status changed to "App Under Process at BCH"....it doesnt look like that anymore!!!

Is it worth sending them an email perhaps...Thoughts?
There is a good number of people on this forum who submitted their apps in May, but I have not seen a single person flagging up any news yet a part from the normal website update - Are they still dragging in the same paste i.e. 8 - 10 weeks? Well, then how come no one had a call or an update?

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Email Chase up...

Post by Bj Touch » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi guys,

Need some advice as a bit worred...missed a call from UK Border Agency about three weeks ago, they have not called me back or my employer...Then chased them via email and got this...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I apologise for the delay in processing your application but further checks are required before we can make a decision on your application.

You can continue to monitor the progress of your application by checking our VAC’s website at:

www.ukvacpk.com

I apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team.

I would appreciate some advice on what this means in Lehmans terms...p.s its been 7 weeks since I submitted my wife submitted her visa. Has anybody else got this kind of correspondence recently...very few people seem to be in same situation i.e missed call and never got callback..anyway see what happens.

RHussain07

Re: Email Chase up...

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Bj Touch wrote:Hi guys,

Need some advice as a bit worred...missed a call from UK Border Agency about three weeks ago, they have not called me back or my employer...Then chased them via email and got this...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I apologise for the delay in processing your application but further checks are required before we can make a decision on your application.

You can continue to monitor the progress of your application by checking our VAC’s website at:

www.ukvacpk.com

I apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team.

I would appreciate some advice on what this means in Lehmans terms...p.s its been 7 weeks since I submitted my wife submitted her visa. Has anybody else got this kind of correspondence recently...very few people seem to be in same situation i.e missed call and never got callback..anyway see what happens.
bJ - why dont you reply and mention that you missed their call as you were in a meeting at work but your available for any queries they have...

Ps. can you tell me which email address you write to?

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Is200 wrote:My wife submitted her settlement visa application, on the 31st March 2010 at Gerrys Lahore visa application centre.

Been 11 weeks now! I Email the UKHUB this morning and 30 minutes later received the following reply,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am pleased to say that a decision has been made on your wife's application. Your wife will be contacted in due course via the Visa Application Centre in regards to her application outcome.

Thank you,

I beleive should receive a call from Lahore Gerrys Visa Centre very soon Inshallah get good news.
Is200 - excellent news mash Allah. insha Allah it will be good news. you could pop down to the VAC and see if they would give you the decision...

Ps. can you tell me email address that you sent your email to pls?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Will you all newbies and oldies waiting for news, just be a bit more patient. Only start worrying and thinking after 12 weeks have elapsed.

Enjoy your time whilst being without any responsibility at the moment, because I assure you you will not get time in the future.

So cool down and take lif eeasy and wait for "Taqdeer" to take its course :D :lol: :wink:

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Is200 wrote:My wife submitted her settlement visa application, on the 31st March 2010 at Gerrys Lahore visa application centre.

Dear Sir,

Thank you,

congrats IS200 , hope all goes well for you inshallah - I emailed them more than 2 weeks ago but to date no reply, though Abudhabi did reply confirming that the application have been processed and VAC will contact in due course. only GOD knows when this "DUE COURSE" will end.

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 pm

batleykhan wrote:Will you all newbies and oldies waiting for news, just be a bit more patient. Only start worrying and thinking after 12 weeks have elapsed.

Enjoy your time whilst being without any responsibility at the moment, because I assure you you will not get time in the future.

So cool down and take lif eeasy and wait for "Taqdeer" to take its course :D :lol: :wink:
BK - you quite right, it's just many other things are getting delayed coz of the late reply. I have been offered a good opportunity but can not give notice in-case the lovely embassy contact my current employer and my employer say he has either given notice or left employment - which could mean problem !! nway hoping and praying for best inshallah

thanks

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm

mrlookforward wrote:It makes no difference, as long as the things which need to be mentioned are mentioned.
And before Q4sim asks, I would like to say in advance that, its ok to use blue, black or any other kind of ink. Its ok to use a ball point or a fountain pen. Its also perfectly ok if someone uses a typewriter or printer. Its also ok to use plain paper or ruled paper or coloured paper.

If anyone else is paranoid about how exactly to make an application, please discuss with us. :lol:
lol. Thanks for answering them questions. You read my mind :)

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks guys :)

I sent my email to ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

hope it helps. I've also sent another email to Lahore VAC Centre now and awaiting to hear back from them. Will keep everyone posted.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:16 pm

mrlookforward wrote: And before Q4sim asks, I would like to say in advance that, its ok to use blue, black or any other kind of ink. Its ok to use a ball point or a fountain pen. Its also perfectly ok if someone uses a typewriter or printer. Its also ok to use plain paper or ruled paper or coloured paper.

:lol: :twisted: :lol:
Its accepted as well if you write it watching a classic action flick or playing The medal of honor:Airborne but there is a chance that you could end up narrating the story :lol:

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:44 am

Slaam everyone hope everyone is doing fine!

Just an update Mrs called Gerrys VAC in Lahore and was told application is with Islamabad BHC being processed at the moment.

Later my wife sent a email to UKHUB requesting an outcome of decision and received following email

Dear .....

A decision was made on the 25/05/2010. Please be patient and wait for gerrys to contact you with your decision.

Kind regards

Uk visa correspondence team

Inshallah will get good news soon, hope this helps everyone 8)

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 am

would anyone know why the application is sent to Islamabad to be processed after being checked by the UK HMC??

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 am

sorry meant the UK BHC :roll:

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 am

Is200 wrote:would anyone know why the application is sent to Islamabad to be processed after being checked by the UK HMC??
I thought applications are now sent to the UK for assessments and decisions and then send back to Pakistan to Garry's not to BHC, I dont understand why would they look at them in the UK and then make a decision in Pakistan.

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:16 am

:? I KNOW?? CONFUSED... I believe CRT7 have there one sent to islamabad uswell. Maybe further checks or something

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:19 am

Salaam guys

All application go through the BHC - gerrys send them to the BHC and they forward to Croydon or wherever they need to go!

They are then sent back to BHC and forwarded to the relevant VAC!

Even though the decesions are made in Croydon the actually visa is issued at the BHC!

Hope this helps!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks deemi :) thats what I thought but cant help assuming lol :lol:

bya1983

hi

Post by bya1983 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 pm

@Is200: which settelment visa did you apply for your wife ?
Never The less

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Sorry? Uk settlement visa for her to join me in UK as my wife

bya1983

hi

Post by bya1983 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 pm

@Is200 : did u apply for permanent settlement or tier 1/4 depandant (spouse) visa .
Never The less

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Dear all,

I submitted my application as a PBS dependent on 17/05/10 and received response today i.e 17/06/2010. I was refused my visa application - the decision was given as:
Quote:
As laid out in appendix E of the Immigration Rules, you must show that your sponsor has available £ 533 in available funds (per dependant applying). These funds must be held in account for three consecutive mnonths with a final statement date no more than one month from the date of application. You application was made 17/05/2010 and you have submitted Barclays bank statements dating 13/02/2010 to 05/05/2010. Therefore I am satisfied that the funds have been held in account for less than three consecutive months. I am therefore not satisfied that there is a sufficient level of funds available to you as set out in Appendix E 319 C (g)

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the Immigration Rules

In my application I have provided my husband Barclays Bank statement from 15/12/2009 to 05/05/2010 and not from 13/02/2010 to 05/05/2010 as stated in the refusal – covering a period of 4 months and 5 days. The bank statements provided were 4 in all, with break up dates given below:

1. From 15/12/2009 to 12/02/2010
2. From 13/02/2010 to 12/03/2010
3. From 13/03/2010 to 14/04/2010
4. From 13/04/2010 to 05/05/2010

My refusal states that the account statements have been provided from 13/02/2010 to 05/05/2010; hence not fulfilling the criteria of providing a bank statement covering 3 consecutive months which has not been the case.

I don't understand why they have refused my application. Did they make a mistake?

Can some one help me with the following queries:

1. Should i opt for an administrative review?
2. Should i go for an appeal
3. What are the approximate time lines for each?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Kaidee where have you gone mate :roll: ,havent seen your posts for a while :( did you hear anything regarding your application :roll: