ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrkhan03
Newly Registered

Immigration issue

Post by mrkhan03 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:52 pm

need abit of help and advised of what can be done here.

I am 28 yrs Old. came to UK in 2001 as a student. My father came to UK in 1999 and then followed all of my family in 2004. all of them have become british citizens since apart from me.

I continued my studies and then got into a mess with one of the colleges in London who offered me a sponsorship in my studies. and told me they will send my passport when renewal will be due. long story short, my passport didnt get sent on time to Home office and i got an overstay for about 6 months. I applied for extension and subsequently left college to join another to complete my course. Home office did not reply to my case till 2009 at all.

my father passed away last year. I then contacted Home Office via a Lawyer and was subsequently issued with an IS96 and told to report to a reporting centre. meanwhile as advised by a lawyer I applied for a leave to remain based on the fact that All my family is UK Citizen and i have been living in UK for about 8 years now.

I have now recieved a response from Home office saying that they refused my application in Oct 2007 (Original Application submitted in march 2005) and was also issued with an IS96 at that point aswell. which i am totally unaware of. and nothing has been recieved from Home office. since i was over 18 and didnt apply for a leave to remain when my dad was alive, they are saying that i dont have as such emotional contact with my family.

I married in Pakistan in 2004, Mrs was issued with a visa but couldnt come over. since then differences developed and because i couldnt travel we got divorced.

My all family, Immediate and Non-Immediate, all are based in UK. only relatives i have in Pakistan is my Grand parents. apart from that no one is there.

after represention was sent to Home office I was told about 6 months later that my application was originally rejected in Oct. 2007 to which we had queried in further representation that my application as we did not recieved any rejected application in Jan 2010. today I recieved a response from Home Office that they sent application to address which was incorrect. my correspondance was sent to house number 39 who sent is back saying incorrect address where as Home office had my correct as House Number 59. and I had a document reciept letter from Home office. they have now said that I should leave the country as soon as possible or I have the option to apply to an assylum Screening team in person based on my circumstances.

need help.. havent been given the right for appeal .... so want to know what can be done. what are my options. I have got a good Job here... well establised in family life... waited 5 years for home office response... what can i do now?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:24 pm

First of all, I dont think home office itself will ask you to apply for asylum. Secondly, there don't seem be a quick fix to your problem. You did apply for FLR based on your circumstances which has already been refused. Forum can be of very limited help in this circumstances. A good solicitor/advisor is best placed to offer you any advice at this moment. Even after refusal, you can ask for reconsideration on compassionate grounds. There is no harm in repeating the information you had already provided with your FLR application, plus you can add anything you think you might have missed. A claim for asylum would be a stupid idea. It might buy you a few months time, but nothing else. Keeping your immigration history in mind, it will be safe to assume that your asylum claim will be decided fast track and refused and you will end up with even worse immigration history than what you have now.