ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE ON ASWERING QUESTION ON SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DANUBE

ADVICE ON ASWERING QUESTION ON SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION

Post by DANUBE » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi All

I have tried to work this one out myself from previous posts but still unsure

The section in crimincal conviction part.......Have you engaged in any other activities that might
indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?

Well sureley this is one for debate & are they asking my partner to declare any arrests in so many words ? Is it designed to catch us out ?

Basically my partner was a passenger in his friends car and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. The car was pulled over by police under 'suspicious circumstances and police proceedures being what they are they meant they held my partner in a cell for the night and questioned him. He was released the next day pending further enquiries and was advised one month later - no charge. His friend on the other hand was deported - my partner was advised he was free to go with no deportation order against him (even though he was an illegal which he did declare) not complaining at that point, just thought worth mentioning.

My question is should i just to mention this ?
That paragraph i quote does not directly ask - have you ever been arrested & he has not actually 'engaged' in activities as they quote. It just seems like a trick question to me.
Maybe we will mention it anyway or maybe there is specific wording to use ?

Any help, opinions would be appriated

Many Thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:42 pm

No need to mention this at all. Just answer what they ask for, there is no need to tell ukba your life stories. :D

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Thank you MrLookforward - sorry for the long winded story it's just that i'm worried that they are trying to catch people out. If they don't ask then no need to mention, thanks.