ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Identity in Uk / Address proof

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Identity in Uk / Address proof

Post by Senonthachil » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello All

I am in Uk on a Tier 1 visa. its been almost a month finding it very hard to get a bank account. I have not gotten any job yet. I just got the NI letter today. Any suggestions how to get a bank account with this NI letter? Is it a easy thing to get a driver license in UK?

Regards
Senon

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Identity in Uk / Address proof

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Senonthachil wrote:Hello All

I am in Uk on a Tier 1 visa. its been almost a month finding it very hard to get a bank account. I have not gotten any job yet. I just got the NI letter today. Any suggestions how to get a bank account with this NI letter? Is it a easy thing to get a driver license in UK?

Regards
Senon
When I first came to the uk I was on a student visa and all they wanted from me was to see my visa and tenancy contract, proof of address. Basics like that. Are you applying for a basic account?

It's really hard to get a uk drivers license! I know some people (intelligent ones) that failed 3-4 times before they passed. This also includes tons of paid lessons.
I tell it like it is.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Passing a UK car driving license can be very easy for some and can be very difficult for some. I personally passed my car test with my own car, then within a few months passed a HGV test, and then in another 2 months passed a further HGV plus trailer test, and then passed a bus test after another 6 months.

But then I know know people who really struggled to pass the test. So it all depends on how good an indvidual driver is. :D

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 pm

mrlookforward wrote:Passing a UK car driving license can be very easy for some and can be very difficult for some. I personally passed my car test with my own car, then within a few months passed a HGV test, and then in another 2 months passed a further HGV plus trailer test, and then passed a bus test after another 6 months.

But then I know know people who really struggled to pass the test. So it all depends on how good an indvidual driver is. :D
Or it depends on how the intructor feels that day. Or what time of day you're taking the test. Or if you're a nervous person. I would say that it has a lot to do with that day, that hour. Confidence makes all the difference. Good driving while it is part of it, will not automatically get you a pass unfortunately.