ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit for a visit to Spain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dirk

EEA permit for a visit to Spain

Post by Dirk » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi, I am British and getting married to my Chinese partner soon, we both live in China and have no plans to leave. After we get married we are going to visit the UK and a week in Tenerife as part of this trip.

My question was, can we get an EEA family permit to enter Spain for this holiday? Is it free like the UK one is? I cant find anything on the Spanish embassy website. Can anyone help me with this please?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA permit for a visit to Spain

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Dirk wrote:Hi, I am British and getting married to my Chinese partner soon, we both live in China and have no plans to leave. After we get married we are going to visit the UK and a week in Tenerife as part of this trip.

My question was, can we get an EEA family permit to enter Spain for this holiday? Is it free like the UK one is? I cant find anything on the Spanish embassy website. Can anyone help me with this please?
You can enter Spain without issue, ur missus to be will need a visa if she needs one now - Schengen visa from her nearest Spanish Consulate, not free unfortunately but not that dear.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 am

Wanderer wrote:
Dirk wrote:Hi, I am British and getting married to my Chinese partner soon, we both live in China and have no plans to leave. After we get married we are going to visit the UK and a week in Tenerife as part of this trip.

You can enter Spain without issue, ur missus to be will need a visa if she needs one now - Schengen visa from her nearest Spanish Consulate, not free unfortunately but not that dear.....
Where did you get the idea that she has to pay for the SCH visa? Its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
But she will have to pay for any UK visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:40 am

mrlookforward wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Where did you get the idea that she has to pay for the SCH visa? Its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
But she will have to pay for any UK visa.
Yeah ur right! Dunno what I was thinking!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Wanderer is partly right if the OP's wife applies through the visa agency that the Spanish Consulate are now using to handle applications. The premium rate phone call alone costs around £15.00