ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long is cert taking these days?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jhbmike

how long is cert taking these days?

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Got my sons approval for citizenship 2 weeks ago. It took 7 months in total. Anyone know how long the certs are taking to issue now. Im on a bit of a deadline. I sent payment off 2 weeks ago and am being transferred with my company in the middle of next month. I know mine took 5 weeks and at the beginning of this year they had a backlog and it was taking 3 months. Anyone have any recent experience of this??????

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:17 pm

One person from the EditGrid list quoted the following: "Oath on May 20th to Cert June 8th"

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:57 pm

scrudu wrote:One person from the EditGrid list quoted the following: "Oath on May 20th to Cert June 8th"
Thanks for the reply scrudu. Sounds promising.

IQU
Diamond Member

hi

Post by IQU » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:03 pm

hiiiiiiiiiiii great bit shock how its possible to get citizenship approval in 7 months.if you dont mind can i ask you personal question .i want to apply for my citizenship.i dont think i will be able to get in aleast 2 years.when your son apply for citizenship.how long they wrote in letter for processing time.any reply thanks in advance.

9jeirean

Re: hi

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:38 pm

IQU wrote:hiiiiiiiiiiii great bit shock how its possible to get citizenship approval in 7 months.if you dont mind can i ask you personal question .i want to apply for my citizenship.i dont think i will be able to get in aleast 2 years.when your son apply for citizenship.how long they wrote in letter for processing time.any reply thanks in advance.
Hi IQU,

I think Jhbmike is referring to an application made on behalf of a minor by a naturalized parent. Such applications usually take shorter time to process as they are not subject to Social Welfare and Garda Checks.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:16 am

9jeirean wrote:
IQU wrote:hiiiiiiiiiiii great bit shock how its possible to get citizenship approval in 7 months.if you dont mind can i ask you personal question .i want to apply for my citizenship.i dont think i will be able to get in aleast 2 years.when your son apply for citizenship.how long they wrote in letter for processing time.any reply thanks in advance.
Hi IQU,

I think Jhbmike is referring to an application made on behalf of a minor by a naturalized parent. Such applications usually take shorter time to process as they are not subject to Social Welfare and Garda Checks.
Spot on 9J, fairly straightforward no checks and no oath. By the way how is it going with youre childs application?

Also interesting point to mention is that I sought in writing from INIS if it was necessary for a naturalised citizen who gained approval through decent to register every year their intention to retain Irish citizenship whilst living abroad. Their response was that citizens that gained naturalisation through descent or association are exempt from that clause.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:01 am

jhbmike wrote:
Spot on 9J, fairly straightforward no checks and no oath. By the way how is it going with youre childs application?

Also interesting point to mention is that I sought in writing from INIS if it was necessary for a naturalised citizen who gained approval through decent to register every year their intention to retain Irish citizenship whilst living abroad. Their response was that citizens that gained naturalisation through descent or association are exempt from that clause.
Thanks jhbmike. It's 2 months gone already so fingers crossed.

Cheers

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us