ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application rejected due to insufficient degree evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:13 pm

psychic wrote:Update:

I had my hearing on 22 March. The HO representatice who was present there was supposed to be a strict one according to my lawyer. Guess what he told he did not have a case against me and felt sympathetic towards me.

I got my visa approved by the judge on 18th April. Now waiting for HO to ask for my passport. Any idea what the normal time frame is?

Two months wasted because of case worker **** up.
could take a long time.. there is no fixed time frame as such..

psychic

Post by psychic » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Update:

My passport was requested on 10th May which I have posted back to them today on the 11th.

cyd
Newly Registered

Post by cyd » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:54 am

@psychic: Hope you'll get it sorted out soon!
It's unbelievable how much time is needed to get you a visa (almost half a year!).
Also, I read above that your old student visa expired on 31/01 and you made the application for post-study just a few days before that. Does it mean that you applied from outside the UK? Thanks, psychic.

I'm planning to apply for one a.s.a.p., but would anyone suggest me do the same thing as psychic (as in submitting the application without the degree certificate)? From your previous posts, I gather that it is ACCEPTABLE to only submit letter from the university like psychic. However, his/her application was rejected the first time around.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm weighing two options now:
1. Applying with just a letter from uni. This will allow me to apply sooner than my other option, which then gives me more gap between my current visa expiry date and the application date.
2. Applying as soon as my degree certificate comes out (which is at the end of August, while my current student visa expires on 31/10/10)

Could anyone please suggest which option would be better for me? Thanks very much!

rahul12345

Post by rahul12345 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 am

UKBA website mentions that original letter from university containing following information will be sufficient.

1. your name;
2. the title of the qualification;
3. the start and end dates of your period(s) of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and
the date of award (no more than 12 months before the date of your application).

If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:
4. details of the body awarding the qualification; and
5. confirmation that the certificate of the award will be issued.

psychic

Post by psychic » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 am

cyd wrote:@psychic: Hope you'll get it sorted out soon!
It's unbelievable how much time is needed to get you a visa (almost half a year!).
Thanks cyd, omg guess what I just received my passport with visa while typing this reply!!!!!
cyd wrote: Also, I read above that your old student visa expired on 31/01 and you made the application for post-study just a few days before that. Does it mean that you applied from outside the UK? Thanks, psychic.
I made it inside UK, you can even apply 1 day before your visa expires(even 28 days after visa expires without right to appeal), all that matters is whether the UKBA receives your application before your visa expires.
cyd wrote: I'm planning to apply for one a.s.a.p., but would anyone suggest me do the same thing as psychic (as in submitting the application without the degree certificate)? From your previous posts, I gather that it is ACCEPTABLE to only submit letter from the university like psychic. However, his/her application was rejected the first time around.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm weighing two options now:
1. Applying with just a letter from uni. This will allow me to apply sooner than my other option, which then gives me more gap between my current visa expiry date and the application date.
2. Applying as soon as my degree certificate comes out (which is at the end of August, while my current student visa expires on 31/10/10)

Could anyone please suggest which option would be better for me? Thanks very much!
Theoretically they should not reject your application if the letter from the university confirms that you would be awarded a degree sometime in the future.
So the real question is how early you want to get the PSW. PSW is needed for you to take up full-time permanent employment.

I will type a concluding post consolidating my appeal process timelines sometime today :)

cyd
Newly Registered

Post by cyd » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:15 pm

@psychic
Thanks so much for your reply and congrats on finally getting the visa!!

I hope you don't mind if I ask another question:

I'm also planning to apply from inside the UK.
So can you remain in the UK whilst having your passport retained by the UKBA (to process your visa application) and whilst your previous visa has already expired? This, I guess is my main concern "what if by the time my visa expires the UKBA still holds my passport and my new visa is not yet granted?".

Thanks very much!
cyd

psychic

Concluding Post

Post by psychic » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:20 pm

- Visa application for PSW sent on 28th of Jan 2010 with the current visa expiring on the 31st of Jan. I did not send my original degree certificate since it was not issued, but I did send an original letter from the university confirming the date of degree award.
For future applicants, if you want to be safer against dumb case workers, add a cover letter if you are doing this although a tick box if checked on page 29(when I applied) clearly indicates an option to send a letter from the university as evidence.

- I received my Rejection letter on the 3rd of March 2010 with the appeal form to be submitted before the 17th of March 2010(10 working days)

- I submitted the appeal form after gathering the necessary info on the 15th of March 2010 and got my court hearing scheduled on the 22nd of April 2010.

- I got the decision in my favour on the 18th of May 2010 and came to know that HO had not appealed against it(they had nothing in their side to argue for :lol: ) within 5 days.

- The happy surprise was in the last stage, I received a call from the HO confirming my address and they sent me an email asking for passport on the 10th of june. I sent it on the 11th of June which they received on the 14th of June(weekend) and I got back my passport with visa stamped on the 17th of June(dated 15th June). Surprise because the expected time frame was 4-6 weeks as with all other stages.

Moderators can sticky this if someone wants a comphrehensive timeline for the appeal process.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:44 am

cyd wrote: So can you remain in the UK whilst having your passport retained by the UKBA (to process your visa application) and whilst your previous visa has already expired? This, I guess is my main concern "what if by the time my visa expires the UKBA still holds my passport and my new visa is not yet granted?".

Thanks very much!
cyd
yes you can remain in the UK while your application is being processed and your previous visa has expired..

fashiru
Newly Registered

Post by fashiru » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:59 am

rahul12345 wrote:UKBA website mentions that original letter from university containing following information will be sufficient.

1. your name;
3. the start and end dates of your period(s) of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and

If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:
Pls, i need help, i'm applying for PSW next week, I've received my original award certificate and transcript from the UNI and also to whom it may concern letter stating the below:
1. My name;
3. the start and end dates of my course
4. The award date

But on PSW form, section H2 it states H2: "Tick the box to show that the applicant has sent an original letter from the academic institution as evidence that the United Kingdom institution is either a United Kingdom recognised, United Kingdom listed body or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points based system."

Pls is this letter enough because it's not stating whether the UNI is a listed body nor holds a sponsor licence under tier 4 of pbs. Thanx

psychic

Post by psychic » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 am

fashiru wrote:
rahul12345 wrote:UKBA website mentions that original letter from university containing following information will be sufficient.

1. your name;

Pls, i need help, i'm applying for PSW next week, I've received my original award certificate and transcript from the UNI and also to whom it may concern letter stating the below:
1. My name;
3. the start and end dates of my course
4. The award date

But on PSW form, section H2 it states H2: "Tick the box to show that the applicant has sent an original letter from the academic institution as evidence that the United Kingdom institution is either a United Kingdom recognised, United Kingdom listed body or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points based system."

Pls is this letter enough because it's not stating whether the UNI is a listed body nor holds a sponsor licence under tier 4 of pbs. Thanx
See rahul12345's post, you need to satisfy the 4th condition, they will do the necessary checks.